News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sagan Delay 2.1 Modulation Question

Started by jjjimi84, April 18, 2020, 06:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I recently built the sagan delay and love the delay sounds but before i can call it complete and do a build report, I have to double check with all of you about the modulation from the lfo.

It is crazy, like over the top sea sick warbly. The subtle setting is almost off and otherwise it is really overpowering.

Is this correct? Is it supposed to be like that? Is there a way to reduce it?

Thanks for any help. It sounds really cool with the PedalPCB Organ Grinder in the loop

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

More or less, yes, that's the way it works. If you want to make it more subtle, you can always try a different color LED that doesn't trigger the LDR as drastically. You could also bend the LDR so it doesn't directly shine on the LDR. I like turning mine only about a quarter up.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jjjimi84

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 19, 2020, 01:22:21 AM
More or less, yes, that's the way it works. If you want to make it more subtle, you can always try a different color LED that doesn't trigger the LDR as drastically. You could also bend the LDR so it doesn't directly shine on the LDR. I like turning mine only about a quarter up.

Well I am happy that I built it correctly. I will mess with the ldr and led combination and see what I come up with.

Chris you made an incredible circuit, the delay is amazing and the preamp is just killer.

diablochris6

Glad you enjoy it! I let the LFO get wacky because I wanted to give folks the option to get super weird. As you can tell with the number of knobs on my builds, I like options!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 19, 2020, 05:37:48 AM
Glad you enjoy it! I let the LFO get wacky because I wanted to give folks the option to get super weird. As you can tell with the number of knobs on my builds, I like options!
You can never have too many knobs and switches. The Duelin Herbies gets close though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Timko

I haven't built the Sagan Delay 2.x yet, but the 1.x had the same type of thing when you use an external modulation board.  I originally didn't have a switch to turn modulation on/off on the build but ended up replacing the drykill switch with a modulation on/off.

That said, you come up with some WACKY sounds when you turn on the modulation.  I'm not sure how to use them, but they're definitely unique.