News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent output (sea urchin, DOD 440, Lightwah)

Started by LaceSensor, November 18, 2011, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

My first forays into etching PCB

Worked great first time in all cases. Also done a Brown Source but not decaled yet.

First up, the Deep Blue Delay (Madbean Sea Urchin)

The Light Wah, devised by Dead Astronaut on diysb

And lastly a GGG Dod 440. A friend bought the kit and his friend then borked the build, so I gutted and redid the board etc.
Sounds pretty neat!

TheCobbenator

Whoa. That light wah looks incredible. What's going on with the LDR? I'm not familiar with this circuit...

marmaliser

Fantastic, really like the Urchin.  One quick q what is the Cap you have used for C20 in the bottom right, looks pretty big for 100pf ?

LaceSensor

Quote from: marmaliser on November 18, 2011, 07:44:18 PM
Fantastic, really like the Urchin.  One quick q what is the Cap you have used for C20 in the bottom right, looks pretty big for 100pf ?

It's a WIMA 100pF for some reason their small values are chunky.

LaceSensor

Quote from: TheCobbenator on November 18, 2011, 06:01:13 PM
Whoa. That light wah looks incredible. What's going on with the LDR? I'm not familiar with this circuit...

The wah is either rate driven by an LFO or by ambient light sensitivity by the LDR next to the footswitch.

So it will cycle u and down like a phaser, with controls for rate , volume and filter.
Or it will work by waving your foot or other body part over it like a wah pedal.
Pretty damn cool. All the files are over at DIY stomp boxes.

nzCdog

Dang!  Nice work, I just finished my first etch pcb today... such a cool feeling :)

LaceSensor

Quote from: nzCdog on November 19, 2011, 05:01:44 AM
Dang!  Nice work, I just finished my first etch pcb today... such a cool feeling :)

Yeh it's really cool.
I'm trying enclosure etching now. It's harder tHan pcb sadly...

TNblueshawk

John

LaceSensor

LaceSensor

Refinished the Sea Urchin as an Etch, my first stab at an enclosure etch.

nzCdog

bigmufffuzzwizz

I like very much! Are the labels shown in the first picture what you used to block out the etchant?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

LaceSensor

No I had to do the standard toner transfer. I changed the bit round the footswitch too.

Guybrush

I don't suppose you could share a link to the Lightwah info on the DIYstompboxes site could you?  I'm having trouble finding it.
Great builds and finishes too.  Nothing short of amazing.

LaceSensor

Here you go

Well worth building it's a great LFO wah and the light sensing is a fun add on
Low parts count too considering.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=88582.msg818154;boardseen#new