News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

slow gear

Started by Thewintersoldier, March 21, 2020, 12:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

stayed home with the kids today and threw this together because I had a recycled enclosure from another project that was ditched and the holes lined up perfect so slow gear it was. Hit a snag on a couple bad 2sk30a jfets and looking at the specs of the original jfets landed on a 2n5485 and got a great range and smoothness to the envelope. what a cool effect really makes me want to put my attack decay board together.

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Very nice! Good to know with the subbing of trannies!
BigNoise Amplification

JackSkellington

Good!
I tried to build it on veroboard layout from Sabrotone, but for some reason it sounds clean without any effects though the voltage are ok. I replaced even some transtistors bought from two different shop. But I never find any mistake.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

jimilee

Sharp as always. If you like this, you'll love the attack decay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on March 21, 2020, 04:17:34 AM
Very nice! Good to know with the subbing of trannies!
Next order from smallbear I will probably order a couple but for the time being this is good to go.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on March 21, 2020, 08:17:36 PM

Thanks Jimi, I gotta order parts for that. Also I have to do my layout for the artwork too as now I'm doing that first instead of after the pedal is done. I feel like I have a legit workflow now.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 21, 2020, 09:35:10 PM
Quote from: jimilee on March 21, 2020, 08:17:36 PM

Thanks Jimi, I gotta order parts for that. Also I have to do my layout for the artwork too as now I'm doing that first instead of after the pedal is done. I feel like I have a legit workflow now.
Welcome to your new addiction!!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Digging your wiring on the past few builds, looks killer. 

Jimi is right, Rust Bucket is the better version of this effect.  You will definitely love it if you like this one.