News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wah Pcb’s? Tayda painted+predrilled enclosures=A+!

Started by ToneTweaker, February 22, 2020, 05:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneTweaker

Hey guys, This is my first post here @madbean! I've always loved this site for info & resources and because of the real deal VFE project builds! I've been huge fan of VFE for years and was sad to learn of them closing.. But discovering that tue circuits were made available here put a smile on my face :)

**So I started this thread because my old Thomas Organ Wah has been sitting on the bench for about a year with an unrepairable pcb. And I was hoping for some suggestions to where I can purchase a replacement circuit board. I started a stripboard build, But unfortunately that won't work because the size of the inductor ("stack of dimes" salvaged from the original) won't work with the tiny stripboard dimensions. [cloudset]If anyone has a possible clever workaround to this, then I wouldn't need to buy a new pcb [/cloudset]

Lastly I wanted to briefly mention that I received a Tayda shipment today that included a predrilled and painted enclosure which I'm extremely impressed with!! Their enclosures also are designed to match the specs of all the PedalPCB projects which is nice, If you're like me and would like everything neatly PCB mounted but are too sloppy with the drill..
Admittedly I was skeptical, but it's actually better quality than anything I ever got from Mammoth so.. Anyway, I'm not affiliated with Tayda in any way whatsoever. I just thought you DIY folks would appreciate the feedback. I'll post a pic later when I have time

EBK

Quote from: ToneTweaker on February 22, 2020, 05:36:21 AM
Hey guys, This is my first post here @madbean! I've always loved this site for info & resources and because of the real deal VFE project builds! I've been huge fan of VFE for years and was sad to learn of them closing.. But discovering that tue circuits were made available here put a smile on my face :)
Welcome!
But unfortunately that won't work because the size of the inductor ("stack of dimes" salvaged from the original) won't work with the tiny stripboard dimensions.
To me, that sounds like you could use a more imaginitive line of thought.  For example, why can't the inductor be wired off board? How much bigger could you make the board and still have it fit?  Could you make two (or three) boards instead of one?  Are there additional obstacles or personal preferences that affect the design?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber