News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tortuga Yeti?

Started by shawnee, November 17, 2011, 12:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnee

I was watching this video and this thing sounds great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb6o3Qh_KOs
I am trying to get some circuit info on it but I can't find anything on the web. Does anyone have the scoop on this one? Do you think that it's some type of Big Muff?

irmcdermott

I posted a question a long time ago on FSB, they told me that the guy who makes them is fairly active on the BYOC message board. I sent him a message asking if, in the spirit of DIY, he'd give some info/schematic/whatever and he was a gentleman and kindly told me that appreciated my interest in the pedal, but he wasn't ready to give out information on it.

He seriously was very nice about it. If anyone has one of these, I'd love to see what's going on with it.

Ian

shawnee

Thanks for the info. I understand and don't blame him a bit for not giving out info on his pedal. Nevertheless, I'm still going to look!

JakeFuzz

I would bet this is a tweaked muff. To me the loose low end sounds like a triangle derivative. Rams heads are typically characterized as bassier and smoother. Also the way he describes the tone control working and the four different voicings sounds like standard muff operation/mods. It sounds to me like it has a little less gain than most muffs, but it sounds pretty darn similar to the mayo-esque muff I built. 

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: JakeFuzz on November 17, 2011, 11:09:58 PM
I would bet this is a tweaked muff. To me the loose low end sounds like a triangle derivative. Rams heads are typically characterized as bassier and smoother. Also the way he describes the tone control working and the four different voicings sounds like standard muff operation/mods. It sounds to me like it has a little less gain than most muffs, but it sounds pretty darn similar to the mayo-esque muff I built. 

I agree. What he describes the 4 way selector switch to control are commonly tweaked in a big muff. Kinda reminds of the BYOC LB w/ its 4P3T knob...not saying they are exactly the same
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

shawnee

Thanks guys! I have a mudbunny pcb and I think I know what I'll do with it now.