News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris Ver. 2 Bypass and LED Issues

Started by Roctopus, November 08, 2011, 12:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Hey guys,

I just etched a Slow Loris Ver. 2 board, assembled it, and ran into some issues.

The pedal works when engaged but the over all volume seems low. It doesn't work however in bypass mode, go figure. Also, the two red LED's don't light up in the third position. I've checked the LED's with a battery and they work fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on the bypass and LED issues?

Thanks,
Roctopus

jkokura

I would guess you've got a part error in there if you've got a volume problem, or perhaps a solder bridge.

I wouldn't worry about the LED's not lighting up, that may not happen if you've got a volume problem anyway.

If you've got bypass issues, either your wiring is wrong, or your switch is bad.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

Thanks Jacob,

I went back and doublechecked the parts and they're all the correct values and in the right place.

I also checked for solder bridges and couldn't find any.

I rewired the jacks and now the pedal works in both bypass mode and engaged.

All seems to be fine now however the 2 red LED's still don't light up in the third toggle position. This would be fine however I wanted to wire them externally to add to the cosmetics of the pedal. It also seems to me that there's no tonal difference between position two and positions three on the toggle.

Any suggestions?

Roctopus

gtr2

The LED's should light even with single coils.  The must be something wrong in the clipping area.  Did you double check that your switch is functioning properly with a continuity test?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Roctopus

Ok...so super rookie mistake. I wired the 2 Red LED's wrong. I'm so ashamed.....please forgive me DIY Masters ;)