News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maestro Brassmaster (GGG board)

Started by irmcdermott, November 06, 2011, 11:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Hey beaners,

Here is a build I did for a bass player here in Nashville, whose last name is de Souza (hence the name of the pedal). This one was a challenge, from the getting the tight traces to etch correctly, to fitting it all into the enclosure, to the 25+ wires that have to be hooked up.... words cannot describe how happy I was that it worked on the first try, because I got a little cocky and decided to not rock it before I boxed it because of all the wiring. Also, all three knobs are those purple Davies', I just had to order an extra and forgot to take a picture with all three knobs before it went in the mail. I guess this is as close to spaghetti wiring as I've ever gotten, but the build doc says to leave extra length on the wires so you can actually get the PCB out should it need to be repaired. Here is the pron.

nzCdog

:o UGH... only the best sounding Bass distorter EVER!   8) 8) 8)
Pretty tight fit in there... love it, nice job!

nzCdog

I just realised the coolness of the name Souzaphone... Brass Band... FTW!

jtn191

you know if those sound good on guitar too?

irmcdermott

Quote from: nzCdog on November 07, 2011, 09:11:33 PM
I just realised the coolness of the name Souzaphone... Brass Band... FTW!

Yeah, that was his idea, I thought it was pretty cool.

Quote from: jtn191 on November 07, 2011, 10:07:03 PM
you know if those sound good on guitar too?

Before I shipped it out I plugged my guitar into it. It sounded pretty good. Definitely better on bass.

stecykmi

cool beans, i should build myself a brassmaster.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Rad! That looks fantastic Ian. I love those purple Davies..Can't believe you went for the etch!
I have a brass master kit from GGG I need to put together. I plan on using ribbon wire to make it a bit easier at least with the pots. I also plan on using it for guitar, maybe I'll lend it to my bass player to futz around with. Definitely FTW!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals