News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

a few other typos on the harbinger two build documents?

Started by mikef, July 25, 2019, 01:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikef

Hello! My build of Brian's Harbinger two is going along nicely, but I have gotten to the Electrolitical cap stage and have notice a few discrepancies. I scanned the forum for possible corrections and double checked the files that are available over on the main page,thinking that I had an outdated  build docs,but not that I can see.

Anyway,The Cap designated C30 ,100uF on the  physical PCB, is not on the shopping list page, it does appear on the B.O.M. page. On the schematic, there is a C30,with a 220uf. (The dual 220ufs are C29 and C26.)  !?! and thanks!

half_smith

No reply to this OP?

Please can anyone confirm the value of C29, C30
They are listed as 100uf in the BOM but the Schematic shows them as 220uf

madbean

Quote from: half_smith on May 19, 2022, 04:38:00 AM
No reply to this OP?

Please can anyone confirm the value of C29, C30
They are listed as 100uf in the BOM but the Schematic shows them as 220uf

Sorry for the confusion. Either value should be fine here. Unless you are using some really poorly regulated PS then 100uF vs 220uF should not impact the operation of efficiency of the charge pump circuit. So, use what you have. Just make sure C26 is rated at 16v or 25v and C29 is rated 25v. I believe I did use 220uF for both in my build.

half_smith

Thanks Brian! I found a response on another thread that said it shouldn't matter which value to use there.
Would you be able to update the PDF to help future noobs ?