News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What the Fuzz? - Sabertooth build!

Started by eldanko, October 31, 2011, 04:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Just finished this up for a buddy of mine.  I'm sure this name has been used before... if not, it's high time that it was!  I was surprised how good this thing actually sounds for guitar - the "Bite" control sort of controls sustain at the same time... you can get everything from glitchy 8-bit sounds to sustained-out "guitar is alive" type gain.  Only gripe: if this ever gets produced again, pcb-mounted pots would be greeeeaaat  ;D

Please note that the sexy oversized electrolytics have made another appearance.

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

thatirishsob

AHAHAHA I love the graphics! Great job man

tenwatt

Not too bright....

eldanko

No... although that would have been a cool idea if I could have cut it out right...

The graphic is the scene where he busts a blood vessel trying to pass gas...   ;D

nzCdog

Lol'd @ the name! Excellent finish... looks aweome! :)

Quote from: eldanko on October 31, 2011, 04:41:12 PM
Please note that the sexy oversized electrolytics have made another appearance.

HAWT! Thanks for the explicit content warning, I viewed this at work ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Righteous build! I love my wolly mammoth!! I like it even more after seeing the price tag on the real thing!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

eldanko

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 01, 2011, 08:59:30 PM
Righteous build! I love my wolly mammoth!! I like it even more after seeing the price tag on the real thing!

GEEEEZ.  I never even bothered to look!  That's insane...

irmcdermott

The Woolly Mammoth is the pedal that started this whole thing for me. I really wanted one for my bass, but definitely couldn't swing the $359 price tag. So out of curiosity, I searched to see what was on the inside that made it cost so much. Then I stumbled upon the FSB thread on it, and was shocked that I could build my own for like $30. I dove in head first and etched a board based on Brian's layout, and never turned back. The rest is history. :)

This might be a fun topic for it's own thread... "Why did you start building?".... i think I'll go start it.

TNblueshawk

Awesome purple FTW ! Or is that hot pink FTW ! Or what in the hell color is that anyway  :P Cool color either way.
John

slimtriggers

Ha ha ha!  Awesome!  The white battery snap is pretty darn sexy, too ;)

eldanko

Quote from: TNblueshawk on November 02, 2011, 08:59:50 PM
Awesome purple FTW ! Or is that hot pink FTW ! Or what in the hell color is that anyway  :P Cool color either way.

It's "Signal Violet" from Pedal Parts Plus!  Love their enclosure selection, and they're usually pretty spotless as far as finish goes.  I can't even tell whether or not it's purple or hot pink in person... it's an enigma  ;D

Quote from: slimtriggers on November 05, 2011, 02:43:00 AM
Ha ha ha!  Awesome!  The white battery snap is pretty darn sexy, too ;)

Can't remember for the life of me what I yanked that off of!  Needs a white 9v jack to go with it, right?

TNblueshawk

You know where to get the white DC jacks right?

John

eldanko

Quote from: TNblueshawk on November 07, 2011, 07:05:15 PM

I seem to recall a thread about those with a purple Sunking somewhere...

TNblueshawk

Quote from: eldanko on November 08, 2011, 07:20:42 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on November 07, 2011, 07:05:15 PM

I seem to recall a thread about those with a purple Sunking somewhere...

guitarpcb.com

Barry sells them. They go out of stock as they go fast, then he reorders and you have to snag them when you can. Don't know of other sources though.
John