News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris problem

Started by BraindeadAudio, October 30, 2011, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraindeadAudio

I have it all wired up, as per the diagram, and as the switch wiring diagram shows for it having the Positive and Negative 9V, but no sound is coming out of the pedal. Not even through the pedal. Any ideas?

jimmybjj

Have you read this thread yet? Please post some high res pics of the top and bottom including the wiring. And post voltages. Do you get signal when the pedal is bypassed? What steps have you taken to try and resolve your problems? With this information some of the more technically gifted guys will be able to start guiding you through some trouble shooting steps.
Pcbs no longer available

BraindeadAudio

I will post a pic in a bit, I have also run into a bit of an odd problem...When I adjust the volume and gain knobs the LED dims? No sound at all bypassed or engaged.

madbean

I'm sorry if this question insults your sensibilities, but do you have +9v going to the square pad and ground going to the round one? Just making sure.

BraindeadAudio

I had it wired up right, I made a mistake on the 1/4" jack wiring, I thought that the Plastic Neutrik jacks "sleeve/tip" were the same as regular metal jacks. Pedal sounds amazing.
T

BraindeadAudio

Thanks for the help everyone.

jimmybjj

Glad to see you got it going.
Pcbs no longer available

BraindeadAudio

Now I ran into another issue with another one I made, it has sound going through it when not engaged, but no sound when engaged? Theres no solder bridges, any ideas?

madbean

Meaning, you get the effect when the LED is off? If so, you have the LED wired to the incorrect throw of your 3PDT.

BraindeadAudio

the LED lights but no sound goes through? Not quite sure what you mean

BraindeadAudio

Its not getting the effect at all when i engage the swith, no sound either, but its bypassing and going through clean when the pedal is off

small fish

Hi,
I didn´t want to start a new thread. I´ve got some strange issues with my Slow Loris.
There´s sound, there´s distortion (not as much, as I expected....and I have to turn the volume up, otherwise it´s very low volume). The only part I changed, was the 30pF Cap next to the IC. I used a 33pF cap (I was missing the other item).
Now here´s the prob: switching on, there´s distortion - with the clipping selection on middle position. When I turn the switch to either up or down position, the sound is stuttering - I changed the LED position, no change. I used red LEDs and the 1n914 diodes.
btw. it´s the etched board, I use.

Any clues? Just before posting all the pics
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

jkokura

My guess would be the usual suspects:

Wrong/backwards part.
Incorrect wiring.
Poor solder joint/solder bridge.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

small fish

Nevermind...

I´ve built another one from scratch, using the older version pcb. Works fine!

thx for your support  ;)

regards
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!