News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE - Klein Bottle DIY Kits available

Started by benny_profane, March 08, 2019, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benny_profane

VFE is offering Klein Bottle kits (no option for just the board/MCUs) at a few different tiers (SMD op amps, knobs, etc.) at http://vfepedals.com/diy.html. The basic kits include the PCB; a drilled, painted, and labeled enclosure; MCUs; and pots, switches, jacks, LEDs, and wires.

Expected to ship before 4/15/19.

EBK

Damn, that's awesome!
Wish I could afford to buy the bare bones kit at this time.  Would love the option to buy the enclosure later so I could spread my costs out further, but I can understand why it would be less feasible to offer such a thing.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

diablochris6

Neat. I have one of these boards from his Kickstarter. Wish I could just buy an enclosure...that's a ton of holes to drill!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

benny_profane

Could be worth reaching out and asking to see if you could just buy the enclosure? Definitely a lot of holes and tight tolerances.

EBK

We could, in theory, split a kit between us, you taking the enclosure, and me taking the guts. 

Alas, now is not a good time for me to purchase stuff, so this is still just more dreaming.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

The PPP drill template order form is included in the DIY documentation as well. That's another (probably really expensive) option.

EBK

I decided that I deserve one of these.   ;)
Order placed.