News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nom Nom with Mods

Started by Aleph Null, March 04, 2019, 04:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

This is a standard Nom Nom with a few small changes. I couldn't source a 25k trim pot for the feedback loop, so I upped R19 from 22k to 33k and used a 10k trim pot. I was still able to dial it in without self oscilation. The second switch changes C3–C6 from the stock values to univibe values.

It's very difficult to capture the enclosure color in a photograph. It's Cherry Violet Sparkle from Mammoth and it looks awesome in person. I liked the finish so much, I opted not to cover it with labels. It's pretty easy to remember what control does what on this build anyway.

The univibe switch is definitely a worthwhile mod. It's not going to satisfy a diehard univibe fancier, but it is reminiscent of one with the intensity turned down. The univibe setting seems to be able to handle much lower resistances in the feedback loop than the phase 90 mode. Anyone looking to build with these values only might consider jumping R19 and using a 50k trim pot. I'd probably also jumper the Nom switch.

In order to accommodate the 4PDT switch needed for the univibe setting, I created custom pot standoffs using 18AWG solid core wire.

Invertiguy

Great work, dude! Your wiring is really clean! And I agree that that enclosure color is something else, I used an enclosure in that same color for my Blueshift build and it really is wonderful to behold. So much depth!
Doomsday Devices

Aleph Null

Quote from: Invertiguy on March 05, 2019, 02:27:37 AM
Great work, dude! Your wiring is really clean! And I agree that that enclosure color is something else, I used an enclosure in that same color for my Blueshift build and it really is wonderful to behold. So much depth!

Thanks! I think you're right; this finish would suit a Blueshift really well.

cooder

Looking awesome and sparkly! I'm sure it'll look so much better in person. Great build, nom nom...
BigNoise Amplification