News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Delay

Started by gtr2, October 20, 2011, 02:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Finished re-boxing the Dirtbag.  Moved the jack location and no more clicking!  Sorry for the rough demo.  I've never done one before and it's an unedited first take with whatever goofs happened  ;D  Sorry as well for the tele headstock in your face, but at least you'll get an idea of the delay.  I hope.  Demos ain't my thing.

Guitar: Tele partscaster w/ Fender vintage reissue pickups
Amp: Orange Tiny Terror set clean into an Orange 1x12" cab w/V30
Drive pedals used: aristocrat and glitterattii
Video and audio from a little handheld Kodak z18

At around 5:30min I did compare the Dirtbay delay to the aquaboy.  The repeats are much darker on the aquaboy.

There is no status indicator on the Dirtbag for On/Off, it's the overload LED.  Everything is like the original, non-true bypass and all.  :)

I hope everyone at least enjoys the video a little  ;)  I only did a short oscillation segment...kids in bed  :(

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

JakeFuzz

:o OMG, so full of want...

That thing sounds amazing. I cant wait.

greyscales

I just picked up an Aqua Puss in a trade, and then you reveal the wonders of the Dirtbag....

*opens up wallet*

nzCdog

Man those delay trails sound so good! :o
Want! :P

jimmybjj

wow, sounds so good. thanks fur the demo
Pcbs no longer available

plesur

Hey Josh

That sounds fantastic! Great build.  ;D

Can't wait to get mine going, got those 3005's sitting on the shelf all waiting to go.  8)

That headstock was a bit in-your-face ... I felt scared for the camera!

bigmufffuzzwizz

It looks so great with the etched plate! Sounds very organic. Where do you have the Blend/Level set?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on October 20, 2011, 04:23:41 PM
It looks so great with the etched plate! Sounds very organic. Where do you have the Blend/Level set?

At about 10 o'clock for the whole video.  If you go to much with the blend your dry signal gets lost in dreaminess.   :)  The blend knob range is affected by the internal gain trims as well.  I've got it so at 12 o'clock the dry and wet signals are the same.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Sounds like I'll be able to adjust it exactly as I need it. I usually leave my DMM's blend knob around 12/1 o clock and it does take me to dreeamland  :) I like to use my DMM as a bit of a volume boost when engaged, otherwise with how I set mine it would get very lost in the mix live..

snz728

Good Job thanks for the demo

jkokura

Thanks Josh, makes me want to renew my search for a pair of MN3005's...

I guess I'll have to see if Brian says the V3205's sound the same and then hope mine turns out half as good as yours.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bangerang101

wow, sounds and looks great, man... Awesome job on the artwork to! Where do you get those metal plates from, and how do you etch them or whatever? anyway, great job, and can't wait to build one of those baby's.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

CK1

gtr2

Thanks guys!

Quote from: bangerang101 on October 22, 2011, 01:13:32 PM
Where do you get those metal plates from, and how do you etch them or whatever?

http://www.onlinemetals.com/

I did this plate with ferric chloride similar to etching a PCB.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

I always thought it was copper and you were tinning it. Or are you using one of the other metals like steel? That seems harder to etch...