News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clearing the Bench - (Stutr , Woodstork, Glam)

Started by mshuptar, October 14, 2018, 06:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshuptar

Hey y'all,

I started building guitars about a year ago and a lot of pedal stuff sat at the back of the workbench for a while. I had a few unpopulated boards, a few spare enclosures, and a bunch of leftover parts from previous orders. In an attempt to clean stuff out, I was like, "Well, I shouldn't let this stuff go to waste!" This weekend, I finished two new builds and a re-build.

From left to right, it's the Stutr tremolo, the Woodstork fuzz, and the Glam chorus. I built the Stutr and the Glam over the weekend. Both are cool and I dig the sounds within. (Sidenote: The Glam reminds me a little of the modulation feature in the Multiplex Jr. delay, which I love. I assume it's because they both use the PT2399 that there's some sonic similarity?)

I built the Woodstork back in 2016, but fried it six months ago when I forgot my 1-spot and borrowed my bandmate's multi-voltage wall adapter. After realizing that there were too many parts I'd have to replace, I just bought a new board and started over (reusing the same enclosure and the Ge transistors). Once I had it working, I was like, "WHY DIDN'T I FIX THIS EARLIER?!?" I absolutely love how that fuzz sounds in my rig.

The art on the enclosures isn't anything exceptional. Overall, this weekend I was reminded of how much I enjoy building pedals. I still have a few boards left, and I hope to get those finished hopefully by the end of the year.

Cheers!

mjg

Cool, nice work!  Welcome back.

Are you using ink stamps for that finish?

ahiddentableau

Quote from: mjg on October 14, 2018, 09:28:37 PM

That is my question too.  Ink stamps?  Or stencils?  If they are stamps, which ones are they?  (i.e. can you post a link?  I am looking to buy stamps and I like that font)

Nice builds all around!

cooder

What better way to clean the bench than to pump out that goodness! Noice!
BigNoise Amplification

mshuptar

Quote from: ahiddentableau on October 14, 2018, 09:41:52 PM
Quote from: mjg on October 14, 2018, 09:28:37 PM

That is my question too.  Ink stamps?  Or stencils?  If they are stamps, which ones are they?  (i.e. can you post a link?  I am looking to buy stamps and I like that font)

Nice builds all around!

I used these cheapo letter stamps ($7) and StazOn permanent ink ($10). I can't find a link to the exact type of letters, but you can find all sorts of alphabet letter stamps on Amazon for around $10.