News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Beware Amplified Parts

Started by Ekimneets, October 08, 2018, 06:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

Quote from: davent on October 08, 2018, 11:41:29 PM
Amplified Parts, CE Distribution and Antique Electronic Supply  customer services all share this address;  6221 S Maple Ave, Tempe, AZ 85283

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/customer-service
https://www.cedist.com/customer-service
https://www.tubesandmore.com/customer-service
dave
Interestingly, they also have their hands in at least one other site:
https://www.jensentone.com/
(bottom of page says, "Copyright ® 2018 CE Distribution. All rights reserved.")

Ekimneets

Ok.

So, I just went to the mailbox and there are the the three LED footswitches I had to pay full price for AND there was another package with three more that Indid not order or pay for.

Do I:

1. Take that as a mea culpa and keep them?

Or

2. Send them back?

Or

3. Or contact them?

In the spirit of the times, VOTE!

-m
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

jimilee

Keep them and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

HamSandwich

Quote from: Ekimneets on October 13, 2018, 12:45:36 AM
Ok.

So, I just went to the mailbox and there are the the three LED footswitches I had to pay full price for AND there was another package with three more that Indid not order or pay for.

Do I:

1. Take that as a mea culpa and keep them?

Or

2. Send them back?

Or

3. Or contact them?

In the spirit of the times, VOTE!

-m

Karma is probably real, and I always feel really great when I take the high road after someone else takes the lowest road. I'd say I got them, and they can have them back if they pre pay for shipping like they did for you.

Ekimneets

I just let out a guffaw!

Great answer HamSandwich. That made my night.

-M

Leevibe

Looking at those switches on the data sheet it looks like they only have one nut that secures it to the enclosure. I learned the hard way a long time ago that it's a bad idea to not have a backing nut on the inside of the enclosure. If you take away that internal nut, when you tighten the outer nut down, you can pull the switch apart. That could easily account for the failures you were seeing when you boxed it.

Jumping right to accusations of tampering is a bit sad. I would hope that was just the misjudgment of one employee and not representative of the company. I've used CE Distribution a lot and I've only had great experiences so far.

On a different note, I remember the first time I saw those switches I thought they looked kind of neat but then I decided they were maybe a bit on the gimmicky side. Just my opinion. They look like a run of the mill cheap 3PDT at heart. I'd rather go with an Alpha and more traditional LED placement or DPDT/opto or soft touch relay bypass. But that's all just my opinion and speculation. They are pretty cool looking.

Ekimneets

Yup, one nut secures it all.

When they accused me of deliberately disassembling one of them (why would I do that to just one and not all) I tried to explain that if you don't replace that one nut they auto-disassemble themselves with gentle motion.

I'm not sure about the failures. I secure those nuts with a wrench with a fair amount of force.

From what I understand, the CSR checked with his supervisor several times throughout the initial contact, the accusations of tampering and then the refusal to replace the switches.

As far as the experience that I had, I am at a loss. All I can say is that I have the e-mail chain to back up what I'm saying. It is hard for me to believe that in these modern days and times. With internet and social media readily available to all, that a company would pull that kind of a stunt when everything is documented is something I don't really understand.

For $25 dollars in parts, they have already received at least that much bad press from this one thread alone. I would estimate much more than that. I could have posted numerous places, but I'm not overly-vindictive.

I've already decided not to use those switches anymore for a number of reasons, not just the bad customer service. I like the soft glow and thats about all. They are a little bigger than the std foot switch especially in the opening. The diffuser (?) actually seats from above through the enclosure wall and then down not the switch, so the opening is quite big.

I also hate the lead placement. The two rigid leads are in the front/back of the switch. I was building in 1590B and it was a fairly tight build for me, not for some of you enclosure ninjas, and in order to fit everything in I had to be really careful and bend those leads off to one side. I'm also sure there is an obvious way to connect them that I just didn't pick up on. Believe it or not I think the best option would have been use male to female breadboard jumpers, but i didn't want that in my build. So I soldered and shrink-wrapped everything.

Mammoth has had some decent footswitches on sale so I bought some of those and I just ordered a couple of soft touch relay bypass from 1776 and I'm going to give them a try.

-M