News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Speed up the Pork Barrell?

Started by LaceSensor, October 08, 2011, 05:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

I built this one for my bass player as well and I have to agree it sounds really great. He used it at our last show and a few people complimented me on the sound of it. I wanted to speed this one up cause it stops right before things get swirly. I should be able to get a chance to try some of the suggested mods in the upcoming week.
I also noticed that the bass switch doesn't really seem to add much. Is it supposed to be a very subtle change?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

pricklyrobot

I'm really digging my recently completed (version 2) Pork Barrel, but I find I'm leaving the "Deep" switch on all the time.

Wondering if I could make this sound the default (i.e. toggle-off), and save the switch for a more extreme sound. If I'm interpreting the schematic correctly (and there's every chance I'm not  ;) ), I'm thinking change C18 from 47pF to 100pF (approximately the value of C18 + C26).

Then maybe put a socket at C26 and just experiment for the desired level of toggle-on wackiness.

roseblood11

Quote from: madbean on October 11, 2011, 12:31:50 AM
One other thing I though of: change the rate pot to 1M and R35 to 100k. I think that would keep the slowest speed but also increase the max speed. Leave R36 at 10k, I think.

Did anyone try this? Would be the most elegant way to get more max speed and retein the min speed, i guess.

How is the speed mod realized in the Keeley and Monte Allumns versions? And what might Monte Allumns do to achieve this:
QuoteThe richness of the actual chorus effect has also been enhanced.
I don't want to copy those mods exactly, would just be interesting to know.