News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clock Work / EQD Disaster Transport Jr Delay

Started by cooder, July 21, 2018, 08:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Nice analog sounding delay, just what the doctor ordered. Came together well on a pedalpcb.com board.
Not sure if I will change the knobs at some point, at the moment those were the ones I had at hand, will check about alternatives when I do order some more bits in.

BigNoise Amplification

drog_trog

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Turnip-Tone

Great work! Looking very schmick as per usual. :)

mjg

Looks good!  Go with brass knobs, to make it more steam punk.

ahiddentableau

I just built one of these last week, too.  Cooder, how does the high-end roll-off sound to you?  On mine I'm finding it surprisingly severe.  Even with the tone control all the way up it still basically sounds very midrangey.  Great for percussive stuff and some ambient but not for more conventional sounds.  I'm just wondering whether it's the cheap tayda 2399 I used or if I made a mistake.  I listened to a few vids on youtube but they all sound honk-y so I can't get a comparison.

stringsthings

Kind of OT, but either my ears aren't very good, or I've been extremely lucky with tayda pt2399's.
I can't hear any difference in any build that I've made w/them.  But then, I'm not real picky about delays
as long as I can hear the delay signal and it's not too distorted.  Even then, a gently distorting delay is nice.
All You Need Is Love

cooder

Thanks guys!
Quote from: ahiddentableau on July 22, 2018, 04:46:09 AM
I just built one of these last week, too.  Cooder, how does the high-end roll-off sound to you?  On mine I'm finding it surprisingly severe.  Even with the tone control all the way up it still basically sounds very midrangey.  Great for percussive stuff and some ambient but not for more conventional sounds.  I'm just wondering whether it's the cheap tayda 2399 I used or if I made a mistake.  I listened to a few vids on youtube but they all sound honk-y so I can't get a comparison.
It has a fairly analog flair sound wise I feel, which I do like. Certainly the signal degradation takes the high end away from other 'pristine' type of digital delays.
With Tone control in higher settings it reminds me of the Sea Urchin / Deep Blue delay which is also not super pristine by default. I find it overall useful as I dig that type of delay flair where the repeats 'sit under' the guitar signal. With tone rolled off on pedal that certainly becomes more so. Great for driven sounds IMO, however not the spacey pristine delay territory.
Hope that helps.
Quote from: mjg on July 21, 2018, 10:35:38 PM
Looks good!  Go with brass knobs, to make it more steam punk.
Sounds like a good idea, cheers.
BigNoise Amplification