News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bi-phase from pedalpcb

Started by bsoncini, June 19, 2018, 06:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsoncini

I normally don't post build reports because my pedals look like crap compared to everything else on here, and I kinda like it that way.  I  only do them when I think I've done something I haven't seen here before or a mod to something that could be useful for others.

Anywhere here is the bi-phase. https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/duophase/ The mutron phaser ii has been my favorite phaser for a long time and I really wanted to build one of these and it did not disapoint.  I built it so that it can have either mono in and mono out with switching jacks (can be two pedals in series with the same lfo a 12 stage phaser or two pedals with with independent lfo's).  Or stereo in, stereo out.  I normally use a lovetone wobulator clone that i'll put before this with stereo out to ping pong between two amps.  Stereo mode is why I really wanted to build this.  (Can either be two independent phasers with different speeds that go out to the amps.  Or completely synced together.  But my favorite is when the lfo's are inverted.  As one side sweeps up the other sweeps down and vice versa.

I had to flip the pots around so that it would fit the way I wanted into a 1590xx.  Anyway real awesome pedal and a pretty easy build especially for the size.  I used yellow diffused leds and tayda ldrs.

Zigcat

I just ordered one. I'm sitting at work drawing the stereo bypass and phaser b input switching.

bsoncini

Quote from: Zigcat on June 19, 2018, 06:24:24 PM
I just ordered one. I'm sitting at work drawing the stereo bypass and phaser b input switching.

Just have switched jacks and the output from the first one connects to the input of the second when nothing is connected. I didn't bother with mono in and stereo out

You won't be disappointed. I just played it at band practice yesterday in stereo mode. When I turned it on everyone was like woah. What the hell is that

cooder

Awesome! I've got one in the mail too... can never have too many phasers... 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Oh hell yes! I've been waiting for one of these. MXR has the phase 99 that I can't find for a steal price. Bought ordered and paid for. Now, we wait.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Yahoo67

I saw this but i am waiting for the deadendfx version ! I did build the phase II version (half of this circuit) and it sounds great.

stringsthings

Didn't know this was offered!  Tempted!
All You Need Is Love

cooder

Quote from: jimilee on June 19, 2018, 09:36:44 PM
Oh hell yes! I've been waiting for one of these. MXR has the phase 99 that I can't find for a steal price. Bought ordered and paid for. Now, we wait.....

Jimi needs another phaser...  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

bsoncini

Quote from: Yahoo67 on June 19, 2018, 09:49:16 PM
I saw this but i am waiting for the deadendfx version ! I did build the phase II version (half of this circuit) and it sounds great.

What is gonna be different about theirs? They will give you the option of square wave and expression pedal control?

gordo

Good timing , I'm just wrapping mine up only to realize I forgot to order ldr's. It wiped out my stock of 072's and 8pin sockets but I'm looking forward to having a bi-phase.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Yahoo67

Dont know yet. Its a upcomming project. It was posted in march on the facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2054939918119150&id=2005361603076982&__tn__=%2As%2As-R
But deadendfx usually make nice little mods thats why i am waiting on them before making a choice. Plus i got too many things on the queue xD

PMowdes2

Our (deadendfx) version should be faithful to the original, i.e it runs +/-15V, has wave shape and has the expression pedal output.  I'm waiting for Dino to check over the design but alas he's been a busy bee lately.  The pedalpcb version looks interesting though, I might take a punt and build one. :)
DeadEndFX

Yahoo67

Cool ^^ no rush^^ like i said got lots in the backlog :x but returning to pedalpcb.com the phase foundry got my attention a while back

https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/phasefoundry/

Looks like the discription has changed. If i remember its is a clone/workalike of the zvex candle phase thingamagige.... the normal non 6k$ version :p

jimilee

Quote from: PMowdes2 on June 20, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

Our (deadendfx) version should be faithful to the original, i.e it runs +/-15V, has wave shape and has the expression pedal output.  I'm waiting for Dino to check over the design but alas he's been a busy bee lately.  The pedalpcb version looks interesting though, I might take a punt and build one. :)
Somebody needs to keep me on a list somewhere, I gotta leave no phaser unbuilt.
Why you gotta choose?????

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bsoncini

Quote from: jimilee on June 20, 2018, 01:54:47 PM
Quote from: PMowdes2 on June 20, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

Somebody needs to keep me on a list somewhere, I gotta leave no phaser unbuilt.
Why you gotta choose?????

I'm with you on that. I think I've built most of the available diy phaser.