News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is this layout too tight?

Started by irmcdermott, September 28, 2011, 08:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Someone has asked me to build them a Maestro Brassmaster. Rather than toggle switches, the idea was thrown out there to use footswitches instead. I love this vector pack that was posted and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Is this too ambitious? Probably would use a 125BB to give me a lot more breathing room, and obviously, not all three switches would be 3PDTs. Just need some opinions.

thetrend77

With the switches that close, the middle switch might be a little hard to switch on/off without hitting one of the 2 outside ones.

irmcdermott

good point. i think in the end we will stay with the toggles, but trying to put together some different options. thanks for the input

stecykmi

you could try a landscape orientation.

also, i've never personally had good luck with jacks directly over pots, but that's just me. i find it too hard to wire up. if i need to do something like that, i usually try and stagger them (pot, jack, pot, jack, etc.).

jubal81

I think you could get three footswitches on there if you go landscape.

You could also try 9mm pots and those small enclosed jacks smallbear has.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

chip46

Landscape layout with a 125BB and 3 switches is still do-able, but when wearing shoes you still have to be careful when trying to hit the middle switch. To get around this, I would mess with the nut on the switch to raise and lower it to the proper levels. Do the outside two switches lower and the one in the middle a bit higher.

jkokura

I'd go for it, but have you seen my modulation station? Sometimes I get in over my head...

Two stomp switches would work on that 125B, but not three.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

THanks guys. Guy decided no go on the 3 stomps. If I like this pedal I might go for it for my own bass rig and try it with this layout.