News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead Vibe Facepalm

Started by bruin2k3, September 27, 2011, 05:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruin2k3

so I accidentally bought a 5k trimmer instead of a 500R trimmer for the Gain  :'(.  Does anyone know what this might do to the Gain?  Do I just lose resolution when dialing it in?

bigmufffuzzwizz

It will still work but its gonna be harder to dial it in like your asking. The only useable range will be the first 10% of the turn (0 ohms-500ohm). Turn very slowly and hopefully you'll get it set by ear.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bruin2k3 on September 27, 2011, 05:11:58 AM
so I accidentally bought a 5k trimmer instead of a 500R trimmer for the Gain  :'(.  Does anyone know what this might do to the Gain?  Do I just lose resolution when dialing it in?

I would get the right one. The gain control is super interactive/sensitive in relation to the other trimmer (not balance). I still find myself tweaking these trimmers to get different responses from my bulb. You are going to want as much resolution on these as possible.

BTW your handle, that isn't the UCLA Bruin is it?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: JakeFuzz on September 27, 2011, 03:07:32 PM
BTW your handle, that isn't the UCLA Bruin is it?

I'm thinking the same thing.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

bruin2k3

Yep!  It is Bruin as in UCLA =).  Do any of the LA area guys here know a good local (OC peferably) shop to buy components?

JakeFuzz

:D A fellow Bruin! Weird, I guess with such a huge school population the world is bound to get a little smaller.

Yeah check out All electronics off of Oxnard Ave. in Van Nuys. Or Apex electronics in Sun Valley (I think of of San Fernando). There are a few others that I have wanted to stop into including Apex Junior down off the 405 and 91 (they sell footswitches for 2.75 each which isnt bad). If you know of any secret spots let us know, I am always down for exploration!

Edit: ahh just saw the OC thing. I lived in the OC for a few years and wasn't able to find a goldmine like Apex. You can try Orvac electronics in Fullerton but they're not that great. There is also Ford electronics which I have not tried out yet but heard they were alright...  ???