News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HELP!!

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, March 29, 2018, 01:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Don't know if this is the appropriate place but, if it isn't feel free to move it mods.

Just as I got going to play some PS4 with my son, I got the dreaded SU-60827 code (Unable to read the drive) I tried to refresh the entire software package with a thumb drive (all 1G of it) and now, the system won't even boot to safe mode  :-[

I think the HD is gone. While it is on, I hear this awful "clicking" coming from the drive and then it reboots 2 times and says it cannot boot because it cannot read the drive.

Anyone got an extra or spare 500GB or 1TB drive on the cheap OR possibly know any quick fixes??

My son would be greatly appreciative (as would his soon to be bald Dad)  8)

culturejam

How cheap is cheap? Here's a 500GB drive that works for PS4 and it's $38: https://amzn.to/2GEybuz

I have a spare 500GB 2.5" that I use as the backup to my external storage drive.  I could probably back up that external to my NAS instead and send you my backup drive, but it wouldn't be *that* much cheaper than the one above.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: culturejam on March 29, 2018, 01:35:55 AM
How cheap is cheap? Here's a 500GB drive that works for PS4 and it's $38: https://amzn.to/2GEybuz

I have a spare 500GB 2.5" that I use as the backup to my external storage drive.  I could probably back up that external to my NAS instead and send you my backup drive, but it wouldn't be *that* much cheaper than the one above.

Thanks! I think I am gonna have to look for another drive. Just tested it again.
- System powers up with blue light but no video
- After about 1 minute, I get a PS symbol on the TV for about 15 seconds. Light still blue
- TV goes blank again for about another 90 seconds. Light still blue
- Light turns White, then I get "Cannot access system storage" with a CE code on the screen and a prompt to hold power button for 1 sec. to turn off PS4.

The whole time, the HD is clicking and between clicks it sounds like it is stuck in a loop.

culturejam

Clicking sound on non-SSD drives = death of drive. You definitely need a new one.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

sonnyboy27

Also, with the 5.0 firmware you can use external drives via usb if you want. So you can get a cheap HD for the OS and then run your games off an external solid state I believe.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: culturejam on March 29, 2018, 02:09:30 AM
Clicking sound on non-SSD drives = death of drive. You definitely need a new one.

Exactly this!

Here is a good guide for an external or a internal HDD replacement:
https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/playstation/132145-how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-hard-drive-to-4tb-or-more

If you can pull it off, I suggest putting in a 1tb-2tb drive since the games today are around 50GBs or more. It will fill up quick.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 29, 2018, 04:15:53 PM
If you can pull it off, I suggest putting in a 1tb-2tb drive since the games today are around 50GBs or more. It will fill up quick.

I found an Intel 2500 SSD SATA drive (480GB) that was going unused and ready for the trash. Supposedly it is still good but un-needed.

Gonna try that and see. It is 20GB short but for free, I don't really give a crap  8)  ;)