News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD

Started by flanagan0718, February 01, 2018, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Got myself an awesome distortion today! Funny story with this one. I actually took this pedal in as "used gear" when I worked at the music store. Then the truck guy, Glen, bought it because he liked it so much. I was jealous. He held onto it for 10ish years then sold it 2 months ago to a friend of his. That friend happens to be a good friend of mine too. I was just finishing up a load box for him and he said "I'm broke but Glen just sold me this weird Nady distortion pedal, can we trade"? To which I said F$&K yes we can! Now I work with Glen again at Fishman but I own the pedal! Hahaha it's very cool I'll try to post a video this weekend! Here are a couple pictures!

Yes it is a 12ax7!! Thanks for reading.

-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blearyeyes

Wow that is awesome! How does it sound?

jimilee

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 01, 2018, 02:58:24 AM
Wow that is awesome! How does it sound?
^^^^^

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sjaustin

Super cool story!

Also cool that you work at Fishman. I have found them to be a really helpful company to work with. They were quite accommodating with ideas about how to retrofit a weird guitar with one of their discontinued pickups... story for another day (or at least thread), but that has become my main gig guitar for years now.

bcalla

Cool story & great score!

Govmnt_Lacky

Am I wrong to assume that a possible trace of this circuit may occur? I wouldn't mind seeing what it is all about electrically.  8)

lars

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 01, 2018, 04:20:28 PM
Am I wrong to assume that a possible trace of this circuit may occur? I wouldn't mind seeing what it is all about electrically.  8)
This is one of those "made by everyone" pedals you can find under different brands/graphics. The original versions had only two knobs with a built-in power supply. Nady still called it the TD-1; Westbury called it the W-20; Guyatone the TO-2. The newer version is also manufactured under Zebra Audio as the DP-3; Red Stone as the X-driver.
The interesting ones would be the original versions, which surprisingly ran at 266 volts. Yikes! I doubt the newer ones with the external power supplies are pumping out 266 volts. If so, be careful plugging that power supply in!

Govmnt_Lacky

I love the method they used to ground the potentiometer casings.

Although, I would think that grounding every one of them is a bit extreme. Must have been a reason though...

flanagan0718

This was the first version of the TD1, I believe. The new one has a window that you can see the tube through.

If I knew how to trace a circuit I would but alas, I can't. If you know how I'd be happy to send it to you Greg.