News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass Driver DI

Started by sjaustin, December 23, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaustin

I built this for my 13-year old son, who is getting really good at bass. Got a PCB from user brejna (Brane), and set to putting it together a couple weeks ago. After realizing I needed a few special parts, I placed a Small Bear order and waited. When it arrived, I was bummed to find out that they had made a rare mistake and sent the wrong transistors. They corrected it, and fortunately the replacement parts arrived yesterday, in time to get them installed. I had done all the drilling and decal work while I waited. I was lucky enough and extra careful enough in component placement to have made no mistakes, and it fired right up! A cool effect.

Notes on the build. It was my first time using a few parts: the XLR jack, the Lumberg I/O jacks, and the pre-wired momentary switch from Love My Switches. I like the Lumberg jacks a lot, but I probably won't get the pre-wired momentary again. It's 18-gauge wire, way too thick to use conveniently in a pedal build, as you can see from how I handled the wiring there. It took way more time than just wiring it normally would have taken.

Major thanks to Brane for answering my questions via PM, sending me documents to help with the layout, and for putting together such a stellar PCB! Eight board mounted components is no joke. But it went together really easily.

cajone5

Excellent looking inside and out.  Bet it sounds great and it will be a big hit when you give it to your son!

mjg

Very nice.  The decals look classy. 

midwayfair

Great looking build!

p.s. there's a build of the year contest, ya know ... :)

blearyeyes

Excellent build. Clean inside and out.

brejna

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

jubal81

Sweet build. You knocked it out!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

TheDude

Looks great, he's gonna love it!

Have you tried plugging a guitar into it by chance?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides

sjaustin

Thanks everyone. This was a fun build!

Quote from: TheDude on December 24, 2017, 11:13:09 PM
Hmm, no. But now I want to try!

TheDude

Quote from: sjaustin on December 26, 2017, 01:48:26 PM
Thanks everyone. This was a fun build!

Quote from: TheDude on December 24, 2017, 11:13:09 PM
Hmm, no. But now I want to try!

Let us know how it goes when you get a chance!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides