News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KOK-Box

Started by scdesigns, September 13, 2011, 10:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdesigns

Had this board sitting around for what feels like forever, i even have a second fully populated doing nothing right now, but anyway - here's the build (sorry no gut shot at the moment);

illcom

love it , nicely done
-Pat

dwstanford

Great looking pedal.  How do you like it?  Ive been meaning to build one, but its pretty low on the totem pole at the moment.

cjkbug

that's sweet. is that an etch with a decal over it, or just a decal. I like that circuit a lot, I tend to use it more like a really fuzz than a "metal" distortion though.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

Nice job... very tidy! :)

scdesigns

It's just a OHP sheet being used for a decal - the Frequency Central method i learned.

Great sounding build, i much prefer it to my Boss Metal Zone (which is the only production pedal i actually own).

Might stick my other board in a smaller case and sell it off, not to sure yet. That's something for later in the year. Up next i have my Pork Barrel!

nzCdog

Quote from: scdesigns on September 14, 2011, 10:03:31 AM
It's just a OHP sheet being used for a decal - the Frequency Central method i learned.

Great sounding build, i much prefer it to my Boss Metal Zone (which is the only production pedal i actually own).

Might stick my other board in a smaller case and sell it off, not to sure yet. That's something for later in the year. Up next i have my Pork Barrel!

OHP... that plastic transparency stuff?  What a good idea! Hmmm... thats getting my mind ticking over now

nzCdog

What kinda glue did you use to stick the transparency on???  Spray adhesive?

scdesigns

I learned everything i know about this from Frequency Central;

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6145&hilit=frequency+central

I cut the OHP before doing any spraying however, thats the main difference.

Here's some i done today;

jkokura

Cool booster series. I wonder what it would sound like with all 5 of those feeding into one another at full volume...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Lovin your stuff.  Cool.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great designs and finishes!!! I have a few of your layouts saved, maybe I'll use them one day :-X
Looks really good knowing that there is a transparency that sits on top, can't even tell at least from the pictures!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

scdesigns

If you were being hyper-critical of the pedal and holding it in your hand you'd see that there was a small layer of plastic on it, but at normal distance they pass quite well.

If anyone is looking for the artwork you can find it at - http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=11050817

I can also provide the photoshop files if anyone want's to edit them a bit.