News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First time ever for PG Mystery Stocking

Started by gordo, December 04, 2017, 07:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I screw this up every year but actually got one this year.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I was ready, but got busy and by 8 minutes after they were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Timko

BrianS

I lucked out I guess and scored one also after 3 yrs of trying.  They took my money but you know how that can sometimes go.  So I'm waiting for a return email saying "Sorry but.....". Lol.

matmosphere

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Matmosphere on December 05, 2017, 12:43:56 AM
What is a pg stocking?

Premier Guitar Mystery Stocking

How much do they charge for the "mystery?"

gordo

Gordy Power

slacker775

Managed to get in for one.  Got one a few years ago when it was $15 but it was a bit of a disappointment.  Best parts were a good Dunlop t-shirt and Fishman beer glass.  Otherwise it was just a bunch of picks and coupons for places I'd never shop at.  The selection of stuff seems to have grown significantly with real potential for something pretty decent.   Or at least that's what I've been telling myself.   I'll know in a week or two if it was all mis-placed hope.

Govmnt_Lacky

What were some of the items in a "good" stocking?

Trying to judge whether I should keep this on the radar for next year....

timbo_93631

I got one last year and PIF'ed it away in small lots of items.  There was certainly a cash equivalent of stuff, but some of it was like picks and stickers, nominal value.  There was a big bottle of dunlop guitar polish, a Boss Wazacraft tee, a George L's patch cable, D'Angelico beer bottle opener, a Planet waves strap that was like pink zebra or something, I can't remember what else.  It was worth the money, just not what I would choose to spend $30 on if I had a choice.  But that is essentially the same as whatever your mother-in-law/new girlfriend/coworker is gonna give you for Christmas, something that you might just want to exchange for cash if you had the choice, same feeling to me, so it made perfect sense to PIF it to happy recipients in the end.  But the chance of bagging a big prize is the allure, and when you are looking at 1 in a few thousand odds its a heck of alot better gamble than buying lottos/scratchers/shooting dice in an alley with switchblade carrying ne'er-do-wells...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

sonnyboy27

I got a set of IEMs worth about $150 last year. So it's pretty worth it. It's about a 10% chance of getting a good prize. Most of the other stuff is like strings, picks, discount codes, etc. So you get about $30 worth of stuff at least, but you may not get things you'll actually use.

pickdropper

Quote from: sonnyboy27 on December 05, 2017, 04:23:08 PM
I got a set of IEMs worth about $150 last year. So it's pretty worth it. It's about a 10% chance of getting a good prize. Most of the other stuff is like strings, picks, discount codes, etc. So you get about $30 worth of stuff at least, but you may not get things you'll actually use.

Yeah, lots of folks complain about it when they get that because it's not their brand of string or pick or whatever.  There are some really nice prizes, but the majority of the mystery stockings are fairly normal things.  Folks that go in for the fun of it and assume they are throwing away $30 seem to be the happiest.  Those that are determined to get their value out of it often grumble.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

That was my thought. I was just trying to in on a sale that lasted 75 seconds.
Gordy Power

BrianS

Well I got my mailing receipt for my Mystery Stocking tonight and it's coming USPS so apparently no new guitar for me ☹️☹️☹️ LOL.