News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digital Sunshine (Tesseract Reverb)

Started by Martan, November 28, 2017, 09:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

A collaboration with Dan (dminner), and and unwitting collaboration with Chris (diablochris):). Dan and I had three pcbs between us and figured we should build a third pedal and surprise Chris with it. He should be getting it in the mail right about........now.

Dan designed and etched the enclosures, Chris designed and procured the pcbs, and I helped a family of rats build their nests in the enclosures (everything off-board).

Props to Dan and Chris. These look and sound awesome! The "sun" is the indicator light and a chaos button that leads to self-oscillation. Dan also wanted the chaos control on top for easy tweaking. There's a world of sound in there. Super fun and potentially very deep.

zombie_rock123

Awesome guts, super clean. Amazing looking boxes, props to you fellas for surprising Chris!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

selfdestroyer

cajone5

thomasha

mjg

How did you train the rats to be so neat? 

Martan

Quote from: mjg on November 29, 2017, 01:51:42 AM
How did you train the rats to be so neat?

The trick is to reward behavior that you would like to reinforce. And, of course, beat them severely when they disappoint you. I'm legally obligated to say that last bit is a joke😉

gordo

Crap, that's some great looking work inside and out!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

Your timing is impeccable! I got this in the mail today, and it looks great. Even though I know what the board sounds like, I jammed on it for a while, and I swear that the enclosure made it sound better. The sun/chaos button is a nice touch too. My spray paint and Sharpie marker Tesseract may never see the digital light of day now.

Thanks, gents!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Dminner

Quote from: diablochris6 on November 29, 2017, 03:00:11 AM
I swear that the enclosure made it sound better

I totally feel like a control layout affects the way a user interacts with a pedal and BIG knobs and arcade buttons are super inviting for me and when I use them I experiment with a pedal more.  For whatever reason, with smaller pedals and tiny knobs I just set and forget with a pedal. But I am weird. I also put two knob pedals in 1590dd's haha.

I'm glad you like it :)

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Martan

Quote from: Dminner on November 29, 2017, 03:05:28 PM
Quote from: diablochris6 on November 29, 2017, 03:00:11 AM
I swear that the enclosure made it sound better

I totally feel like a control layout affects the way a user interacts with a pedal and BIG knobs and arcade buttons are super inviting for me and when I use them I experiment with a pedal more.  For whatever reason, with smaller pedals and tiny knobs I just set and forget with a pedal. But I am weird. I also put two knob pedals in 1590dd's haha.

I'm glad you like it :)
Gotta admit I think you are on to something. I feel the same way but usually defer to pedal board real estate concerns. However, with a pedal on the workbench or table in front of you with big knobs and bright shiny buttons, I will experiment a lot more.

Glad you like it, Chris!

And thank you for the kind works, everyone.

Marty

Aleph Null

They look lovely. Makes me more excited to build up my copy...though it won't be as pretty.