News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tom Petty died today

Started by culturejam, October 02, 2017, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

EBK

Learned that news from you first.  :o
Quite a shock.  :(
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bret608

Dude, are you serious? Let me see if I can find some confirmation...

jubal81

Same here.

Goddamn this one hurts.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

Haberdasher

I still remember the first time I heard Refugee when I was a kid.  I don't think I knew what rock and roll was yet, but I knew I had to find out who it was, and how to hear that song again!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

culturejam

Quote from: Bret608 on October 02, 2017, 08:57:09 PM
Dude, are you serious?

I wouldn't joke about something like this.  :'(
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Bret608

Quote from: culturejam on October 02, 2017, 09:09:11 PM
Quote from: Bret608 on October 02, 2017, 08:57:09 PM
Dude, are you serious?

I wouldn't joke about something like this.  :'(

No worries! I was just in shock.  :'(

matmosphere

Looks like it hasn't been confirmed yet. Maybe (fingers crossed) it's not true.

madbean

Part of me is just hoping he's visiting the other side of life and will wake up any minute to tell us everything is going to be fine. It's kinda hard to believe...only 66.

Timko

I was 12 when Wallflowers came out.  It was one of the first albums I really listened to front to back.  It was the 2nd CD I ever bought.

I was thankful to fulfill a childhood dream and see him this summer on this 40th anniversary tour.  He will be missed.

dan.schumaker

My wife cried when I told her.  We've seem him twice, a great show.  Once of those you are glad you saw.

Top five TP songs for me:
Southern Accents
Room at the Top
Walls
Straight Into Darkness
It'll All Work Out

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

EBK

I think they are just saying it wasn't them who leaked the news.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

The latest appears to be that he's off life support with no brain activity but not expired yet. Not sure...there are some conflicting stories.