News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arrow

Started by flanagan0718, September 26, 2017, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

I had a good experience. Ordered 3 Hammond enclosures and they were at my door in less than 24 hours. Though, I do work evenings and am around to answer the door.

Genuine Hammies are nice. Black textured powdercoat looks very classy.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on September 30, 2017, 03:29:44 AM
I had a good experience. Ordered 3 Hammond enclosures and they were at my door in less than 24 hours. Though, I do work evenings and am around to answer the door.

That Black textured powdercoat is tough, too.

I really wish Hammond would do a gloss black enclosure as well, but alas, no.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Quote from: pickdropper on September 30, 2017, 04:27:58 AM

Whew, man. I'm going to go at it with the laser tomorrow. What happens if you laser too hard?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on September 30, 2017, 05:14:42 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 30, 2017, 04:27:58 AM

Whew, man. I'm going to go at it with the laser tomorrow. What happens if you laser too hard?

If the power is set too high or the speed is set too slow, you'll get melt-back beyond the area you are actually lasering which makes the artwork look defocused and lousy.  I've been dealing with that a bit as we got a new 50W Epilog at work and I'm used to the 30W Epilogs that I've always used.  I found that the difference in laser strength isn't fixed by a simple 60% of powder adjustment.  What also factors in is that the 30W laser is older, so there is likely some power loss on the tube.

I've also noticed that it varies based on what the finish is (I use a lot of transparent finished enclosures, which have a thinner coat.  I'm fairly sure the black textured powder coat on the Hammond is made of ground up industrial grade diamonds dipped in titanium, so it can probably take more power.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

m-Kresol

Quote from: culturejam on September 29, 2017, 02:05:11 PM
So I got shipment 1 of 3 (insane) yesterday from my first Arrow order. This included a bag of 200 100n box caps. It looked to me like there couldn't possibly be 200 caps, and I noticed a sticker on the bag that said something to the effect of, "This item counted electronically by weight". Turns out I got 180 caps instead of 200.

These were 4.2 cents each, so we're not talking big bucks, and I don't *need* 200 for a specific project. Would you guys email support and let them know? I definitely don't want them to ship me the 20 caps, as it would be a huge waste of carbon. And even a store credit wouldn't be all that compelling, as we're talking <$1.

What do you guys think?

sounds to me like you could write them an email to just let them know, without demanding the 20 caps. I'm wondering if the counting is done at Arrow or the cap manufacturer. were those Epcos caps?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials