News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need help fixing a little big muff

Started by ckalinec, September 06, 2011, 09:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckalinec

A friend of mine gave me a Little Big Muff to fix. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. Any help would be great. Signal is passing through while it's disengaged. When you turn it on the LED comes on but 0 sound comes through. Any help is greatly appreciated!

jkokura

Have you taken a look at the "rules for getting tech help" thread? That should get you started with some tips and ideas, as well as helping you find the info that will help us help you best.

When this sort of problem shows up the general problem will be found in the wiring or power area. However, since we assume the pedal was once working I would guess that something is damaged in there.

Your best bet is to open it up and take a look see. If you find something right away investigate it. If nothing seems wrong, get out an audio probe and start trying to follow the audio path. A Multi Meter will help you with seeing whats getting power and what isn't.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

A great way to rule out problems is to use a test rig. I apply the power directly to the board, sometimes all it needs, and then I can tell its a power problem. If your still not getting anything skipping all the wiring/power then its gotta be something on the board.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals