News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rift (4.5 in 1) - Chasm, CaveDweller, Phantom Pain, P-LFO

Started by Philthy, August 07, 2017, 04:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

Ok, do not try this at home - at least not in such a small enclosure. I've never undertaken a build where there was no room for LED bezels before!! This is a Chasm, 2x Cave Dwellers, Phantom Pain and a P-LFO all in a Bud cu234 enclosure. Idea was to make a better Disaster Transport Sr.

Delay 1 comes on with the RHS "on" switch. Delay 2 (middle) and reverb (LHS) are switchable. P-LFo is on Delay 1. Mod on/off switch is an on-off-on type, and when 'off', Delay 1 drops out so your can use Delay 2 and/or the reverb independently. Delays can be in series or parallell thanks to the Phantom Pain.

Sounds great. Only issue is that it is well above unity when engagned. The Phantom Pain appears to be the cause of this. Any simple ideas to rectify this would be appreciated. I dont want to pull this apart (again) but the PP at least is pretty accessible.

Pics show the  layers of the build (ignore the mod swith in the first pic - I replaced it with an SPDT described above). I'm waiting on some new knobs for the mof rate and depth too.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjg

somnif

Come now, there's like, a whole cubic centimeter of space left! You could fit a whole echoplex preamp in there! It would even add another knob to your... collection....

(Seriously, leave some knobs for the rest of us, they're pricey enough without you causing a run on the market)

;D

gordo

You are completely out of your mind...you do know that, right?

Nicely done.  I get a rash just thinking about it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

oip

movinginslomo

It looks like someone dropped a box of knobs on your enclosure there bud. j/k Thank god for labels, this is a total eccentric mad scientist project!

diablochris6

You must have some tiny fingers! That is insane.

As for adjusting the PP gain, I would first use an audio probe to find at which stage (or stages) you perceive a bump in volume. Then you could decrease the value of the resistor that connects the negative input and output pins of that gain stage (for example, R24 at the end of the circuit).
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

EBK

That is beautifully strange.  Very avant garde.  Love it!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Philthy

thnaks guys - it was a.....er......fun, project.

@diabblochris6 - thanks will give that a try.

BrianS

Nuts. I'm really jealous.  I can't get my second try on the Phantom Pain to work.  And you've got all that going on.  Man I feel like such a failure  :o

Boba7

Philthy

Just to close this one out - audio probed the PP and the gain appeared to be coming from  IC2A and IC2C - depending on which way the PP's blend knob was rotated. Tacked in 100k R's parallel to both  R13 and R19 as it is now perfect.

The Phantom Pain is awesome. Suggest you all incorporate it into a multi, but maybe not as crazy as this one :)

Andlord

Holy crap...how small are your feet? Those switches look like I could/would push them all with one tap :D