News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking Ver 3 Noob Further Test Question

Started by lostininverness, July 30, 2017, 12:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostininverness

Hi Guys,

I've got a few basic builds under my belt which have turned out ok, but any departure away from real simple stuff gets me a bit confused!

So I've built up an etched Sunking and want to test it before boxing up. I'm making the buffered version, and not sure how to connect the extra wiring to the test box. The in/out/power and ground to the input are fine, but what about the others? Do I have to wire in the switch before testing to complete the circuit?

And if someone can tell me how to attach docs, will upload the project file :-[

All advice appreciated!

Grant

lostininverness

Oops, looks like I did upload file......

madbean

You don't have to wire the switch for a simple test to see if it works. Hook the input as normal. For the output, test the yellow wire and then the green wire you see on the wiring diagram for output. This will let you know you have audio coming out of both outputs (buffered and effect).

lostininverness

Quote from: madbean on July 30, 2017, 01:25:55 AM
You don't have to wire the switch for a simple test to see if it works. Hook the input as normal. For the output, test the yellow wire and then the green wire you see on the wiring diagram for output. This will let you know you have audio coming out of both outputs (buffered and effect).
Thanks for the response Brian. And thanks for all the work you have done on these projects - what a legend!

With testing something like the firebomb where there are two channels/stages/bits, do you test the two sections independently?

lostininverness

OK, so I've tried to test it with a test rig built using the JMK pcb, and I'm not getting any change to the guitar signal using the effect.

I testing using the rig and got a clear oscillation signal from input to output, and the voltages on the IC's are close to the ones in the build report. So I thought it was ok. Then I plugged in a guitar, and while I get the guitar signal on both bypass and effect, I get no effected signal. The both sound exactly the same. I can't alter the vol, tone or gain when the effect is on.

What have I done wrong? Thought I had it sussed.

All help appreciated.