Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Like the look of this Pure Tone jack

Started by jubal81, July 27, 2017, 08:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorpoet

Quote from: pickdropper on July 28, 2017, 08:53:09 PM
Quote from: alanp on July 28, 2017, 08:42:19 PM
In any case, I've got a simple solution to the problem of jacks not making firm contact with plugs.

Don't buy cheap, shitty jacks. Get Neutrik or Switchcraft jacks. Job done. No need to pay for marketing jizz then.

I actually think the open Neutriks aren't very good, either.  Certainly not as good as Switchcraft.  I like their closed jacks, however.  The Amphonol closed jacks are good too, plus they are inexpensive and have a barb that digs into the case, ensuring a decent ground connection.
Do you have a link to those Amphonols?
Mzo.FX, Owner

Ralfg

This is pretty cool. I think it's a bit overkill for pedals but I could see how this would
be great for guitar. I have a Dean V. I play it because it looks ridiculous and draws a lot of attention at shows. It also surprisingly plays like a dream.  The jack on that thing sticks straight out from the body and the rout for the jack is tiny. I've already had to replace the jack twice because of the wear the cable causes when moving around on stage. Switchcraft jacks are too big and because of the flex of the jack inevitably something will touch the shielding causing the guitar to cut out.  I had to cut a plastic tube and cover the jack so this doesn't happen. In theory with the extra support I would think the jack would take longer to wear out. And a smaller size would be nice. Time would tell, but I'd gladly pay the extra money if the chances of a surprised short would go down and the jack lasts a bit longer.

Sorry Brian but that crap tone jack looks too punk rock for me. I just have visions of bloody fingers and tetanus trying to install it. I may be showing my age.  ;D
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

nzCdog

Quote from: Ralfg on July 29, 2017, 03:15:45 AM
Sorry Brian but that crap tone jack looks too punk rock for me. I just have visions of bloody fingers and tetanus trying to install it. I may be showing my age.  ;D

lol'd ;D

flanagan0718

Quote from: madbean on July 27, 2017, 11:50:06 PM
Scheisse. So much for my big idea.

HAHAHA that's great!

$4.29 a piece! holy shit that's pricey. I've been using the Nuetrik NYS229 from BLMS (No Affiliation) for a couple years now. Never had one fail plus they fit in 1590A builds too! I'll save my $3 and buy more nuetrik jacks.