News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AlanP's Mini Vache - Lovepedal JTM Specs

Started by Jakes Dad, July 10, 2017, 12:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

The really cool thing about a simple distortion circuit ordered from Osh Park is you get three boards to play with.  This is the third of these I've built and they all have a distinct character and none disappoint.  For number three I used a pair of BAT46's and a 2N5089 similar to the Lovepedal JTM - supposed to give that raw Marshall sound.  It is pretty darn close.  With the volume at 4 o'clock and the gain about 11 o'clock it has just a bit of edgy grit.  Board from Osh Park and all other parts from Small Bear.

Here's the box:

And the guts:

I may have to get three more of these.

Chuck

nzCdog

Tiny!  Is this a Lavache?  What are JTM specs?
Great sounding overdrive, and congrats on a nice build :)

Jakes Dad

Basically the Mini Vache is the Lavache with the boost permanently on and the diode clipping hardwired sized to fit in a 1590A.  The only changes between the stock Mini Vache and the "JTM specs" are the 2N5089 in place of the 2N3565 and BAT46s in D3 and D4.  The Lavache has different components but changing to the "JMT Specs" could be as simple as swapping the trannie to a 2N5089 since the BAT46s are already on board - that is rank amatuer eye-balling the BOM opinion not actual experience.

Chuck

nzCdog

Very interesting...   I have a lavache I need to repair, might look into this further as I always thought boost off was a bit redundant.  Thanks for the info, Chuck. :)