News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any love for the Boss dc2 dimension chorus

Started by hoodoo, June 23, 2017, 04:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all. It's been a while. I have been lurking about, but haven't built anything for a while. That's about to change, i've got a bass multi in the pipeline. Anyhow, back to topic, picked up a cheap, mint in box, never been used, DC2 yesterday, that sounds fantastic to me. Just wondering if this has been cloned at all, and for those who have used one, thoughts??? I reckon it sounds pretty awesome, in an 80's overused chorus kind of way  ;D. Take it easy, Matt.

somnif

I know Aion has had a PCB in the works for ages. They said it would be out January or February, but haven't said a word on the subject in months.

Its an interesting concept, and it sounds nice in clips.

Rockhorst

Just had a DC3 in for repair, and I wouldnotrecommen cloning that :p it's two PCBs stacked on top of each other with something like a eprom or softwarechip in the middle. Don't know how different it is from the dc2 though.

somnif

Quote from: Rockhorst on June 23, 2017, 08:36:21 AM
Just had a DC3 in for repair, and I wouldnotrecommen cloning that :p it's two PCBs stacked on top of each other with something like a eprom or softwarechip in the middle. Don't know how different it is from the dc2 though.

The DC-2 is still analog, though it is beefy for a chorus circuit. 2 3207's and a unique adjustment setup where you get 4 preset buttons instead of any knobs. A few people have cloned it over the years (most notably a direct clone by Behringer as its "CC300 Space Chorus C"). Here is an old thread over on fsb: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4890

czapa tranzystor 2

This layout contains several petty wrong,although pcb is ok.
I built one but i have clean signal not modulation,somewhere is error,maybe not good chips.
Fromel have good schematics and parts list.
Behringer discontiniued CC300

aion

Quote from: somnif on June 23, 2017, 04:46:47 AM
I know Aion has had a PCB in the works for ages. They said it would be out January or February, but haven't said a word on the subject in months.

I just placed the final PCB order last week, so the plan is to release it sometime during the week of July 4th. It'll be worth the wait, trust me :)

somnif

Quote from: aion on June 25, 2017, 08:40:00 PM
I just placed the final PCB order last week, so the plan is to release it sometime during the week of July 4th. It'll be worth the wait, trust me :)

;D

Oh gods this means I need to clear my building backlog in the next few weeks. Between this and the ADA Phaser I'm going to go nuts.

flanagan0718

I love the DC2! Wish I could clone it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoodoo

Sounds like, from July 4th, thanks to Aion, you'll be able to mate  :)

Droogie

What size enclosure is that going to take? looking forward to this one!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Timko

I have a friend with a Dimension-C on his board.  It's obviously not that tweakable (no knobs), but the chorus sounds are incredibly lush. 

And now that Aion is going to release a board, I finally get to A/B against a real one!

aion

Quote from: Droogie on June 26, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

125B. Needless to say, that insanity is why it took so long for me to finish :)

flanagan0718

Quote from: aion on June 26, 2017, 04:46:57 PM
Quote from: Droogie on June 26, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

125B. Needless to say, that insanity is why it took so long for me to finish :)

I can't seem to find the project thread. did you update that?

aion

Not yet - I don't remember whether there ever was one particular thread, though I've talked about it on and off in different threads. There will be a big announcement in a couple days though and I'll post here as well.

atreidesheir

I played in a band with a guy who had one.  It was lovely.  I was always asking to borrow that.  I only had a Boss CE-300rack unit.  ;) so I wasn't hurting for great chorus, but the dimension was amazing.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman