News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vanilla Fudge

Started by mjg, May 07, 2017, 03:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

Someone gave me some vanilla fudge in a tin a while back.  My first thought was "Ooh, fudge!" but my second thought was "Ooh, pedal enclosure!".   ???

Figured that the flowery finish would be appreciated by my partner, and she plays bass.  So I've turned it into a 'Bazz Fuss' variant from Runofgroove/Home Wrecker. 

Switchable diodes - a 914 for insane gain and fuzz levels, and a 270 for a more refined sound. 

Drilling the thin metal was exciting as always, and had a few tears that I've managed to cover up with the washers.  The metal is curved, thin, bendy and has embossed flowers.  Not great for drilling precision holes!

Customised the text on the bottom for some fun (and then spent about half an hour trying to convince the printer to print landscape onto small photo paper - argh!)

Not convinced on the knob style at the moment, I might swap it out later.  Maybe white would look better?

alanp

You missed something on the label -- "Warning: May Cause Dank Riffs."

Let us know what your partner thinks of it. Very nice looking.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stringsthings

That label is hilarious! lol! :)
All You Need Is Love

Adam_DIY

bluescage

Martan

That is great! Can it handle being stomped on?

bcalla

The enclosure is terrific, but the text on the bottom is the best part!

kgull

"Melts in your ears, not in your mouth!"

mjg

Quote from: Martan on May 07, 2017, 11:51:36 AM
That is great! Can it handle being stomped on?

Surprisingly yes.  I put the stomp switch right down the bottom, and with the oval shape it gets support from almost three side walls there. 

If I had have put the stomp in the middle of the lid, it would have flexed when stomped on too hard, for sure. 

mjg

Quote from: alanp on May 07, 2017, 04:06:54 AM
You missed something on the label -- "Warning: May Cause Dank Riffs."

Let us know what your partner thinks of it. Very nice looking.

Lol... thanks.  I'll add that to the next one. 

Partner likes it - she has a few Rage Against the Machine songs that it works really well for.  I'll see if I can convince her to let me record a demo. 

nzCdog

Gold. Love this, very clever   ;D

oip

Boba7

Haha love it!! Awesome that the enclosure doesnt bend when switching. You could use a relay bypass if it's too fragile.
I really really like it, great job!

mrclean77

Great build and I love the label!