News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stereo Pork Barrel, but oops!

Started by piemanelec, August 25, 2011, 06:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piemanelec

Howdy All,

I built a Pork Barrel a few weeks back and it worked fine so I went ahead and boxed it up in a pretty green enclosure from PedalPartsPlus.  Then I decided to build a little perfboard to add a stereo output.  After a debugging a couple silly errors in my perfboard, I've got the second output working fine.  Then, while smiling at my accomplishment, I realize that I don't have any more switches on the 3PDT bypass footswitch to switch the second output.  As currently wired, only the original output is switched.  No worries, just disconnect the LED from the footswitch and switch both outputs with footswitch.  Except, now I've got a useless LED in the enclosure.  Not such a biggy.  I can wire the LED to be driven by the oscillator and just let it sit there and pulse.  Except, I'd really like to be able to switch the LED and the two outputs.

Any simple ideas? 

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.

jkokura

4PDT. They're a little pricey compared to the 3PDT, but really, you need a throw for the in, out 1, out 2, and the LED = 4PDT.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

piemanelec

4PDT would be great.  But I don't know of a source for one that I can use in place of the normal footswitch.  Can you point me to one?
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.

piemanelec

Never mind!  I see that smallbearelec has two of these.  Does anyone have any experience with either of these?  Is one more durable / reliable than the other?

jkokura

I'm pretty sure Mammoth has one also.

I can't tell you about any of their reliability, but I can say that both places should stand behind their stuff and if one isn't working right for you, they'll likely make it right for you.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals