News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tagboardeffects 5KC

Started by verr76, April 24, 2017, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verr76

The very nice people (Mirosol in this case) drew up a layout with an added clean blend to the Ross/Keeley 4 knob compressor. tight fit for a 1590B, but doable.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.mx/2016/01/5-knob-compressor.html

And and independent board to add to any Ross based compressor:
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/file/n7000/CompBlend.png;cid=1493033286372-377

Graphics are printed on an aluminum plate later drilled to match the enclosure.

Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

BrianS

That is really sharp, in and out.

jimilee

Really cool. How does it sound compression wise, in my mind, a clean blend defeats the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

The aluminum plate looks nice! Very tidy build for vero.

verr76

Thanks for the compliments BrianS and Aleph Null

Quote from: jimilee on April 24, 2017, 03:43:55 PM
Really cool. How does it sound compression wise, in my mind, a clean blend defeats the purpose.

Well .. kinda ...
The first time I tested it (before boxing and no knobs) I thought "oh crap, must have f'd up somewhere because this thing isn't doing anything.." .. turns out I had the blend pot all the way to the dry side .. hahaha.
but ok .... MY take on this is like this:
I've never realy been to into compressors. Being the dumb ass guitarist that I am, I've always liked that if I strum harder it's louder and viceversa. Trying out a bud's compressor my first impression was exactly that .. "no way.. this isn't for me" ... after toggling, setting, playing and a whole lot knob turning I had the leveling of the low signals, compression and sustain going realy well... and the dumb ass guitarist was "dude.. play louder on that part" .. this is more a dynamics type thing , not volume.
Now, the lazy ass guitarist part (the nerd part was the one trying to keep the other two happy) didn't want to be turning on and off the compressor the all the time.
So .... Dry blend.
Maybe all three of me are wrong, but I liked the effect this way. And hey, If I change my mind I can just turn the knob to all wet and it's just a 4KC.
Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

jimilee

That's very cool man, you've built a tool that works for you. Gotta love DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Adam_DIY

Boba7

That looks amazing. I love seeing clean vero builds like that. And I like your story with compressors, haha, thanks for sharing that part too!

Amzing work, really.