News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring problems please help

Started by Brianwendt33, April 20, 2017, 02:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brianwendt33

Ok just built moodring and all I get is a constant loud buzz. I first wired it up in buffered mode and straight buzz sound then rewired to true bypass and same problem. When I switch the pedal off in true bypass it's the same buzz although it should be the straight guitar signal. All the leds are responding to the strum of my guitar but no sweet reverb just loud buzz sound. Please any help would be great thanks

shedland

This sounds very similar to the issue I am currently experiencing. I also am yet to fix it.

WormBoy

If you get a loud buzz in bypass mode, when it's true bypass, the problem seems to be in your bypass wiring, and not (only) in your circuit ...

Boba7

To be able to help you we would need at least a few good pics of the board (both sides) and voltages for the ICs/transistors/voltage regulators.

Hope you get it sorted!

And yes, if it's wired in true bypass and you get a buzz, the problem may not come from the circuit itself, but from your wiring. Sound a like a simple ground issue. Check your grounds and wiring. :)

Brianwendt33

I've tried to post pics but it's telling me the attachment is to large. Geese

bluescage

I have the same problem with my pictures and use IrfanView to resize them.

madbean

Lots of free programs you can use to reduce a jpeg size - XNView is what I use. Or, use a free image hosting site and link the pictures.

Brianwendt33

So I did some debugging research and I found the culprit!!! Just some bad solders and a tiny scrap piece of wire that shorted out the pcb. Cleaned everything up and is working great now. Thanks for everyone's response

bluescage

Boba7

lego4040

Glad you got the Moodring going, its a really nice sound. I had issues as well but were my fault. I thought I had mine finished the other day but something wasn't sounding right, it wasn't ambient enough like the vids I've seen. So I went searching again and I found that from moving the brick a few times I had a hairline crack on one of the pins to the board. I soldered that hairline and it did the trick, I still would like to get longer droning sounds tho.