News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy 201X?

Started by shkz, April 17, 2017, 12:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shkz

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to make some questions regarding the Aquaboy project.

Due to the rareness of the MN3005 and MN3205 chips my idea was to order some BL3208 from ebay. Since I'd like to get the longest delay I can from these chips the "double delay" mod is a must.

Now, I've been looking through the available versions of this project but can't decide on which one to go for.

• Aquaboy 2016: Uses one BBD, not sure if the double delay mod from previous versions can be used here. Not clear if BL3208s can be placed in this board.
  • Aquaboy Deluxe 2015: Has the option of using 2 BBDs but includes modulation which is a mod I'm not currently interested in
  • Aquaboy 2012: Has the option of using 2 BBDs and modulational is optional. Not sure if it is suitable for BL3208 BBDs.
  • Aquaboy-BL: Uses two BL3208 BBDs, doesn't include modulation but isn't verified.
So my question is, which version of the project would you say suits best my needs?

On before thanks for taking time to read!

thesmokingman

the newest version and an x-vive mn3005 from smallbear
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Boba7

Quote from: thesmokingman on April 17, 2017, 01:48:02 AM
the newest version and an x-vive mn3005 from smallbear

Definitely. It sounds amazing.
If you want even more delay time you can add a daughter board (see my build report here if interested: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25164.0)

shkz

Should I also buy the MN3101 from smallbear or is it safe to buy those from ebay?

Stomptown

Quote from: shkz on April 19, 2017, 01:13:57 AM
Should I also buy the MN3101 from smallbear or is it safe to buy those from ebay?

I personally wouldn't chance it with Ebay.  It just adds another layer of uncertainty if you end up having to troubleshoot your build.

shkz

You're right, better go with a trusted source.