News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A riddle: Can you guess the song that inspired me to build this

Started by Marshall Arts, March 21, 2017, 06:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

This build is not completed yet, but I thought I make a little riddle from the build process:

Here are the questions:

1) What will be hidden in the graphic under the tone knob?
2) Which circuit will get in there?
3) Which specific version of that circuit (neglecting the mod switches)?
4) Which song inspired me to finally build this one? Hint: Klaus arrived at 9 p.m.
5) Extra points: There seems to be something wrong in the left corner, but I swear it is correct. Can you guess why it is correct?
6) Very special kudos: What does the LED represent?

Google and dailymotion are your friends.

Tremster

Fuzz Face ... Tone Bender
Klaus ... Voorman? Beatles ... Penny Lane ... Abbey Road ....

Klaus ... Nomi?

I don't know.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Tremster on March 21, 2017, 06:36:51 PM
Fuzz Face ... Tone Bender
Klaus ... Voorman? Beatles ... Penny Lane ... Abbey Road ....

Klaus ... Nomi?

I don't know.

No Fuzz Face. No Tone Bender. Not Klaus Voormann. Not Beatles related. Not Klaus Nomi. It's all in there ;-)

reddesert

I would guess a David Bowie or Lou Reed song for the inspiration, but then I don't know the relevance of the hint.  The date and coordinates tell me what the location/importance/event is, but I haven't ever been there which makes it hard to give real answers. For question 5, I would guess the area has been substantially changed in the last ~25 years. Perhaps someone else will be able to come up with more specific answers.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: reddesert on March 21, 2017, 07:54:04 PM
I would guess a David Bowie or Lou Reed song for the inspiration, but then I don't know the relevance of the hint.
Well, that could be and tells me, that you found the location. But it isn't David Bowie or Lou Reed. The location only works with what happened there around that date.
The date and coordinates tell me what the location/importance/event is, but I haven't ever been there which makes it hard to give real answers.
It is not necessary to have been there for the purpose of this... otherwise, I would recommend to not leave this earth before having been there.
For question 5, I would guess the area has been substantially changed in the last ~25 years. Perhaps someone else will be able to come up with more specific answers.
Well, I should have been more precise here: The date is not 100% correct for what google will tell you. But for me, it is ;-)

Tremster

Tremster

So the LED would be Potsdamer Platz or the Holocaust Memorial.

(I live in that city).

somnif

Given the Date I would assume its something to do with Roger Waters "The Wall" Concert. As for the particular song... not sure. I'm guessing Klaus refers to the lead of The Scorpions, but I've no idea what any of them were doing the night before the concert. I shall keep digging!

Tremster

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Tremster on March 21, 2017, 09:28:46 PM
Oh yeah, Klaus Meine. Wind of change.

Everything correct. Klaus. Waters. The Night before the Show. If you know that Klaus showed up at 9, dailimotion will Tell you the Song.

Oh. And the LED is Not the holocaust Memorial. Today it is, but not back than.

Marshall Arts

Tremster

Quote from: Marshall Arts on March 21, 2017, 09:32:38 PM

It was no-mans-land back then.

somnif

Quote from: Tremster on March 21, 2017, 09:38:27 PM
Quote from: Marshall Arts on March 21, 2017, 09:32:38 PM

It was no-mans-land back then.

In this case "Back then" would refer to July 1990, and I am guessing the LED was the location of the concert stage itself.

Tremster

So I'm guessing the circuit is something Gilmour-related, Lunar Module, Big Muff of sorts etc.