News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Transistor Tester 10K Trimmer (and DC Jack wiring?)

Started by Guava, March 18, 2017, 04:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guava

I'm attempting to build a transistor tester for a few germaniums I've picked up (going to etch the pictured board).  I don't have any 5K trimmers for the 2.472K, but I have a 10K trimmer.  Would this allow me to get to that setting or would it be too wide of a range?

287m

Quote from: Guava on March 18, 2017, 04:11:02 PM
I'm attempting to build a transistor tester for a few germaniums I've picked up (going to etch the pictured board).  I don't have any 5K trimmers for the 2.472K, but I have a 10K trimmer.  Would this allow me to get to that setting or would it be too wide of a range?
short, yes you can use 10K trimpots
i usually use perf below, because not have trimmer

R2 + R3 in parallel get aproximate 2K481. just lucky got near 2K47
just socketed for transistor and power, so i can use for npn or pnp. although never testing pnp. haha

Guava

Cool, thanks!  Also, if I'm using the board I posted, can I leave out the polarity switch if I run the DC Jack +9v to A and Ground to B?

Guava

Trying to learn to read schematics and answer these most likely very simple questions on my own, but don't want to ruin a transistor to find out  :o

If I'm testing PNP germaniums and leaving the polarity switch off of this board and just wiring a D.C. Jack, I would run the +9V to the emitter, correct? (I'm going off of RG Keen's schematic).

Thanks for any help!