News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Feeling Loopy (Demo Added)

Started by sprayfe, August 20, 2011, 11:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprayfe

This was an incredibly gratifying build.  I actually used it tonight during a service.  So cool!  
The only thing I'm a little unclear about is the filter section. Is it supposed to affect the tone of the live guitar sound as well?  I could be hearing things.

Thanks again Brian- your stuff just kills.  Always love your slant and the fact that i totally boxed this and rocked it.... and it fired right up :)
Forgive my cheeseball playing. This was immediately after a service so I had to be mindful of stage volume :)
There were still tons of people milling about.

jkokura

Love to see some video!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Cool man, what enclosure did you use?  Gut shot? Pbbbllleeeze?

sprayfe

It's a new Hammond trapezoid job. I'm lucky to have mouser about a mile away. Cool enclosure. 
I made a video on my phone. Will upload to YouTube in the morn.

nzCdog

Quote from: sprayfe on August 21, 2011, 05:53:53 AM
It's a new Hammond trapezoid job. I'm lucky to have mouser about a mile away. Cool enclosure. 

Dang!  I thought it was lens distortion from your camera!  That's an awesome shaped enclosure!!!  Looking forward to your demo :)

cjkbug

Quote from: nzCdog on August 21, 2011, 05:55:20 AM
Quote from: sprayfe on August 21, 2011, 05:53:53 AM

Dang!  I thought it was lens distortion from your camera!  That's an awesome shaped enclosure!!!  Looking forward to your demo :)

:)lol so did I...too funny
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

cab_eleven

Cool box, first time I've seen one like that.

sprayfe

I think they are fairly new hammonds. I want to use the coffin shaped box next time :)

jkokura

Great demos! Quick and dirty, but they show a little bit of what it can do! I can see how you'd be applying those in a live situation, but it'd be neat to see somebody using one in a full mix situation and seeing how it would work.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

sprayfe

I apologize for the hobbit feet. I lead vocally and play guitar as well, so I have to do a lot of stepping/knob turning and unless I wear vibrams it just ain't happening without the barefoot action.

Explain what you mean by full mix? 
THanks!

jkokura

I meant with a full band playing. Hearing the 'full mix' of the band playing through a song and using the looper...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

JakeFuzz

:o I have to try that speed up thing with mine! That is awesome.

nzCdog

Cool demos man... looks like a really usable effect for live

jtn191

you were barefoot after church?!?!

cool videos. I wanna know how the detune switch works and if it could be kept at a constant value--say half--rather than continually down. Then the speed up would be twice as fast and an octave up.

madbean

Cool videos! Thanks for the demo....I love the toy guitar loop in the second video.

cool videos. I wanna know how the detune switch works and if it could be kept at a constant value--say half--rather than continually down. Then the speed up would be twice as fast and an octave up.

Detune won't work this way, unfortunately. It's something I'd like to look in to for ver.2, but that won't be for a while.