News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz face enclosure

Started by jimilee, January 10, 2017, 02:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Any ideas where one could source a round enclosure? Not necessarily a dunlop round enclosure, but that'd be cool too. They don't see to come inexpensively from what I've found. Any DIY ideas?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Lubdar

Any luck with round microphone stand bases?
(--c^.^)--c

jimilee

Quote from: Lubdar on January 10, 2017, 03:52:45 AM
Any luck with round microphone stand bases?
Too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zombie_rock123

Depends how DIY youre prepared to go. Ive used Ikea bowls before - but had to have the base circle lasercut and I riveted some brackets to mount it on. I can take a photo if you wanna see how that looks.

Or theres these - http://m.ebay.ie/itm/10x-Metal-Fence-Round-Post-Cap-Flange-90mm-/262304915061 but again youll probably have to find something to cover the bottom.

I realise now that these arent exactly Fuzz Face style but I think they look cool :)
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Aleph Null

I don't know about round, but Hammond does make octagons and trapezoids.

selfdestroyer

Timko

jimilee

Lamp base sounds cool, looks perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjg

I've done one with an old tobacco tin, it was a bit of a squeeze depth wise, but otherwise OK:

http://graybloomfield.com/guitar/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/P9257806-1024x768.jpg

jimilee

That's really sharp. I've been racking my brain trying to see or remember if I have anything round and metal to repurpose.  These are all really great ideas, keep them coming, it's very neat to see the creativity.

raulduke

The lamp base is a brilliant idea. They've even drilled two holes to get you started  ;)

I look forward to seeing a build using that!

jimilee

Lamp base didn't work out, not too drill friendly....Keep looking

davent

No idea about this but would a small round mike stand base work, table top stand? Too big in diameter? Too thick walled? Not hollow? I'm clueless.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jimilee on January 21, 2017, 10:28:27 PM
Lamp base didn't work out, not too drill friendly....Keep looking

I have drilled stuff like that before and you need to put a scrap piece of wood under it to drill into. It will help with flexing and bending.

Hope this helps

Cody