News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590G multi

Started by dannoceti, December 24, 2016, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannoceti

I'm thinking about doing my first multi using the 1590G boards.

How many circuits can be powered off one onespot?

Any reason for concern, or just load up with as many as I want?

culturejam

For most analog circuits, the draw is pretty low. Dirt circuits are usually the lowest current draw. Delay is the highest.

But, more to the point, on a OneSpot, all the connections are running off the same power supply (internally). The taps are not isolated. So as long as your multi-build current draw + the rest of your board doesn't exceed the max current output of the OneSpot, you're good.

However, if you have one of the newer fancy isolated-tap OneSpot Pros, then you have to know the current output of the tap you want to use. But I believe it is marked on the case. 100mA is enough to run a slew of dirt boxes, or a couple dirts and some modulation. 300mA would be good enough for a full-fledged digital delay and most anything else.

I draw of a PT2399 is about 30mA on average, just for reference. 
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

All of them, no joke. Did it in my demo on youTube.

dannoceti

Awesome, thank you both for the quick responses.

In the future how would I determine the current draw of a circuit? Is that typically in a build doc? Or something I can measure with a multimeter when I test it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willybomb

I'm not sure what he's using to power this but it has a single 9v jack...

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22767.15

davent

Quote from: dannoceti on December 24, 2016, 09:02:42 PM
Awesome, thank you both for the quick responses.

In the future how would I determine the current draw of a circuit? Is that typically in a build doc? Or something I can measure with a multimeter when I test it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy to measure with your multimeter when you test it. Put a 1 ohm resistor in series with one of the power rails between your battery and the circuit, measure the mV drop across the resistor. The voltage drop across the 1 ohm resistor is the current draw.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

gordo

I'm glad I read this thread because if it detailed somebody doing a multifx build IN a 1590G I was going to switch hobbies to knitting or pottery or something safe.

I took Bean's lead and after building all of the projects I daisychained them onto a One Spot.  Very quiet and the power supply didn't come close to breaking a sweat.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Droogie

I put all of mine in one box plus a buffer. No problem whatsoever!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric