News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

It's freezin' outside!

Started by stringsthings, December 19, 2016, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

I have a part-time, early morning job delivering the newspaper so I'm driving around for
a couple of hours long before the sun comes up.   It was about -4 degrees farenheit ( -20 celsius ).
Super cold.  It's so cold that paved roads which are usually almost black, turn to white and have little crystals in them.
Here in the midwest, it usually doesn't get this cold until January or February. 

( It is supposed to get above freezing on Wednesday )
All You Need Is Love

Willybomb

madbean

We went from 70F on Saturday to freezing rain and 25F on Sunday. Really wild.

raulduke

It's a boring and dour 7c here today.

No snow or anything exciting like that. Just drizzling rain.

I'd take super low temperatures and snow at Christmas over mild weather and rain anyday.

UK weather really is shite  :'(

mrclean77

I'm just a couple hours or so south of Mr. Bean and we had the same. I can't imagine having to allot time each day to dig my car our of a snow bank to go to work.

jimilee

Quote from: mrclean77 on December 19, 2016, 01:13:04 PM
I'm just a couple hours or so south of Mr. Bean and we had the same. I can't imagine having to allot time each day to dig my car our of a snow bank to go to work.
I'm right between you two, I haven't seen snow like that in years, but it was cold enough last night for sure. Had to take my daughter home at 7pm, it was right at 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Polar vortex is what's causing it.  All that cold air is getting pushed our way by higher temps at the poles messing with the jet streams. We should probably start getting used to it, because.. well.

jimilee

Stooped global warming, stooped winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aristatertotle

I'll trade part my weather for someone else's. Was 86F yesterday. Rabble rabble rabble!

alanp

Christmas is always jandals and singlet time, over here.

Too damn hot. Consistantly.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website