News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Aurora

Started by gordo, December 04, 2016, 02:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This one has been on my bucket list.  As many compressors as I've done I've never done a Ross.  The Aurora can be done as a stock Ross but why stop there?  Keeley "Attack" control and JangleBox treble hi-jinx.  This is a cool build and both mods built into it.

Pretty ho-hum graphics, but it's for my board so works for me.  Combo of Tayda and Smallbear parts, and BLMS enclosure and hardware.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dbp512

damn that looks good. I like the color-matching power jack. I usually use the smaller thinline jacks which only come in 1 color, which is great if you like black. I finally used my first different colored one, red, on my L5 build (enclosure hole was too big for a thinline). I figured that should serve as a reminder that its AC power.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

stringsthings

Excellent.  The blue knobs work very well over the white.  I also like that recessed LED.
I like Aion boards.  Might have to give this a go next order. 
All You Need Is Love

bcalla

Impressively neat work, very nice!

Timko

I've done about half a dozen Aion builds, and really like his stuff. The enclosure isn't fancy, but it's well executed. I especially enjoy the recessed led.

warriorpoet

Great build, and I LOVE the LED
Mzo.FX, Owner

aion

Very nice! How do you like it?

gordo

I like it a lot. I was hoping to get it on my board to play live yesterday but got too busy. I've been using the 1590G comp for a while now and like the subtle effect as well as the clean blend. I forgot how cool the squishy character of the Ross/Dyna variety is. I might fiddle with adding a blend to it. With the jangle setting you could really nail being in a Fixx cover band.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?