News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal building with young children

Started by chromesphere, November 29, 2016, 11:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I didn't turn my daughter loose with the iron, we held it next to the lead together and I showed her how to touch the solder to the other. I chose the EM drive on vero for its simplicity and low parts count (3 I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chromesphere

Oh yeah for sure Jimi, if James was going anywhere near the soldering iron I would be right there with him...not on the couch in my underwear drinking a beer :D Maybe I will have a crack at it this summer holidays...I might need a Valium before we start. 
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

m-Kresol

Last year I did a multi for my brother's 30th birthday and to give it a more personal touch I asked my nephew (7 years at the time) to draw some artwork for the top. He was eager to do it, although he usually isn't much of a painter.
He's begging me to make him one of the "star wars boxes" too, but he doesn't have a clue what to do with it, if I ever was to build him one.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Quote from: chromesphere on December 01, 2016, 03:19:39 AM
Oh yeah for sure Jimi, if James was going anywhere near the soldering iron I would be right there with him...not on the couch in my underwear drinking a beer :D Maybe I will have a crack at it this summer holidays...I might need a Valium before we start.
Bwahahahaha you can sit on the couch in your underwear drinking beer, that gets crazy weird feeling...so I'm told....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

I've been trying to get my kids to show an interest in wiring. :)

But at 6 and 9 years, enclosure decorating is what they want to do.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings