News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kraken aka Wreckster

Started by fredwreck, November 27, 2016, 05:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredwreck

Finished my Kraken build! I used Krylon Glitter paint for the sides, and gave it about 3 coats of clear enamel.  I gotta find something thicker to coat the sides with next time.

I finally got around to using Envirotex on the top with some testors decal paper.  Juansolo was a big help, I sent him a few messages and he really helped with his suggestions.

For those of you that haven't tried it.  Do it!!!. It comes out so cool!  It wasn't that hard at all, just go slow.  Prepping is everything!
I will admit, you have to sit there and baby sit it for about an hour so that it doesn't drip down the sides.  And you really have to make sure you use a level, and pour it on a very flat even surface.  But I followed Juansolos tutorial and it came out excellent for my first shot.  Make sure you use a step bit to re drill the holes.  My next pour will be even better.

I decided to put a #5 dice on the up/down switch because it is a remake of the Mutron Micro V.

Next build im finishing a Maestro FZ-1a.  Wish me luck.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

I love the background graphic - I think I had a shirt like that in '68.

Great build!