News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

another Smothie question

Started by scotheath, November 23, 2016, 09:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotheath

I'm playing my new build through a mesa combo. the amp has a little hum to it with no signal, (when not playing strings muted)  which it always has, but now when I switch on the smoothie pedal the hum has the rise and fall of the pedal. is that normal or is there maybe a ground issue?

jimilee

What about with no guitar plugged in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

scotheath

same thing, unplugged cable into amp, rise and fall. pedal off just hums

jimilee

And just a buzz with nothing plugged in to the amp? It could be anything from the wiring in the house to things plugged in and around the amp to an electrical issue in the amp. Does it happen all the time no matter where it's plugged in?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

scotheath

sorry I should have mentioned that it was on the distortion channel. I've found that on the clean channel the rise and fall off the effect is still there but at volume greater than half. I turned on my donner flanger and found that it does the same thing at loud volume. so I guess maybe that's normal, and that on the dirty channel its more obvious at lower volume. sorry to waste your time but thank you for the help

jimilee

Absolutely happy to assist