News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by jimilee, November 05, 2016, 05:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

It's been a while, so I thought I'd buy a new guitar. 2017 Les Paul Tribute in gold goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Matt

i want one!  Damn that's a nice looking Les Paul
Matt

Leevibe

Beautiful guitar!! I love those knobs on a gold top.

You look different in your avatar than in this pic.

jimilee

Quote from: Leevibe on November 05, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
Beautiful guitar!! I love those knobs on a gold top.

You look different in your avatar than in this pic.
Right, my avatar makes me look older.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Muadzin

I'm not a big Les Paul fan, but I have to admit that gold finish looks mighty sexy.

Adam_DIY

tone seeker

That does look pretty sweet! I really like the
Gold finish.

m-Kresol

Quote from: jimilee on November 05, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
It's been a while

What? It feels like you got NGD on a regular basis. I'm really jealous, it's a beauty for sure.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

culturejam

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 06, 2016, 09:19:13 PM
What? It feels like you got NGD on a regular basis.

Haha, yeah. Jimi gets a new guitar every 4-6 weeks on the reg.  ;D

I find it odd that Gibson decided to ditch the poker chip on all 2017 models (although I assume the Historics still have them).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

I thought it strange too, I was wondering about that, there's a bit of contour to the body at the switch now, so I don't know if it has anything to do with that or. Not.

Leevibe

I think I'd want to pop one on there and stand back and take a look. It definitely looks cool even without it, But if I were keeping the pickguard on it, I think I'd want the poker chip too.

jimilee

Quote from: Leevibe on November 07, 2016, 02:04:25 AM
I think I'd want to pop one on there and stand back and take a look. It definitely looks cool even without it, But if I were keeping the pickguard on it, I think I'd want the poker chip too.
It's on the agenda along with speed knobs

Leevibe

Quote from: jimilee on November 07, 2016, 02:17:02 AM
Quote from: Leevibe on November 07, 2016, 02:04:25 AM
It's on the agenda along with speed knobs

That will look pretty legit. I'm jealous man. Very sweet.

jimilee

Thank you sir, I'm pretty stoked about it.